Book 4 ~ Chapter 13

At the Spirit Portal, Iroh II's troops were surrounding the area, making sure no one goes in or out of the vicinity. Iroh II had been working here since the downfall of Republic City. He enjoyed the work, it meant being closer to Lei. It made him feel at ease that he could watch over her and protect her from a closer point. Lord Zuko had ordered him to ensure her safety at all costs. Iroh II was doing work in his tent when someone entered his tent with urgency.

"General, Look!" one of his soldiers said urgently. He stood up from his chair and made his way out of the tent. He looked towards the ocean, and saw dozens of bisens heading their way. Iroh II made his way towards the main gate, wondering what the airbenders plan was.

"What are your orders, General?" the soldier asked, as he caught up to Iroh II.

"Don't make a move," Iroh II replied, as the earthbender soldiers lowered the wall in front of him. Bisens landed in front of the wall before him. Oogie landed right in front of the wall, with Tenzin at his back. Tenzin got off Oogie and walked up to Iroh, accompanied by Meelo.

"Tenzin, I'm sorry but the President's order still stands. I need everyone out of here immediately," Iroh II said respectfully.

"Oh yeah? You're gonna have to make us leave," Meelo said confidently.

"We already discussed this, Meelo. This is a nonviolent protest," Tenzin scolded. Meelo frowned and stepped back.

"Believe me, I want to see a peaceful resolution too," Iroh II paused, "Why don't you head back to the island? I'm sure President Raiko will get distracted by some other crisis and call us off soon enough,"

"We're not leaving until the United Forces do," Tenzin replied, Iroh II sighed deeply.

"Then I guess we're going to be here awhile," Iroh II sighed, as he massaged his forehead.

"That's right! Keep walking, buddy!" Meelo shouted, as Iroh II retreated back into the tents.

᯽♡𓆉♡᯽

Meanwhile, Team Avatar were at the edge of the city, figuring out their next plan of attack. They were positioned at the top of a building, overlooking some burning buildings, caused by the mechatanks. Korra paced back and forth on the roof impatiently.

"What are we waiting for, Beifong? You have the Triple Threats surrounded. Let's go after Tokuga now," Korra says impatiently.

"We can't. The Triple Threats aren't letting anyone leave their apartments," Chief Beifong answered.

"Tokuga is threatening to turn this neighborhood to rubble if we try to move in, so we need to think of a safer option," Lei explained.

"And considering he tried to kill us, I doubt he's bluffing," Mako added, Korra huffed.

"So I'm just supposed to sit here and do nothing?" Korra replied angrily, Lei turned to her.

"Korra, I understand your worried for Asami, but we need to think of a plan that involves the safety of hers and everyone else in this neighborhood as well," Lei said softly, as she put her hand on Korra's shoulder.

"Lei is right. Listen, kid," Beifong started, as she walked up to Korra, "I'm sorry about you and Asami, we'll get her out of harm's way, I promise,"

"Thanks, Asami and I have been in tough spots before, but this time feels different," Korra said gloomly, as she looked up at the Airship and went towards the other side of the building. Beifong was talking to the officers when Mako noticed Korra was alone.

He walked up to her and said, "Hey, Korra,"

"Hey, Mako," Korra greeted, "How are you doing?"

"I'm alright, mostly. Just been busy after the war with Kuvira," Mako answered.