Chapter 75:Merlin knows I could do with a laugh

Y/n Pov:

"Hell even Neville has a date!" I heard Ron say in the Gryffindor common room. I was too engrossed with my book to have heard the previous of their conversation or to partake in it. "What's wrong Ron" I asked turning back. "Everyone has got dates" Ron replied. "Except for us" Harry added. "Did you ask anyone?" I asked.

"I asked Cho, but umm that didn't work out, she's going with Cedric" Harry replied. "And I asked Fleur, she was just there, and she looked nice and it just happened but she said no" Ron replied sighing. A crumpled piece of Parchment was thrown onto Ron's head before I said anything.

The parchment said 'Hurry up before the good ones are gone'. It was from Fred and George."It's not like you've got a dates Ron said. "Y/n, would you like to go with me, considering you turned down everyone who asked you, I know you were waiting for someone more attractive" Fred asked winking. "Or you could go with me, if you wanted the more attractive twin" George said smirking.

"Who asked you?" Harry asked. "A bunch of guys, even Cedric did" I replied. "Why did you turn them down?" he asked. "No reason" I lied. "Freddie, Georgie, I'll go to the ball with both of you, you both are equally handsome" I said turning to them. "But as friends" I added. "Score" Fred and George chorused and high-fived.

"Hey Hermione, you're a girl" Ron said. "Very acute observation Ron" I said sarcastically. "Its sad for a boy to have no one to go with, but for a girl it's even worse" he said. I could see the glint of anger in Mione's eyes. "Just so you know Ron, I have been asked and I accepted" Mione said angrily.

"Way to go Ron" I said sighing. "I'll find you both dates, and next time, before asking someone, come to me" I added. "Thank you Y/n" Ron replied smiling. "Thanks Y/n" Harry said smiling. "But who will you find?" Ron asked. Even Mione seemed perked up with that question. "Give me two minutes" I replied getting up.

"Padma, Parvati" I said sitting next to them. "Hello Y/n" they replied smiling. "Would you guys like to go with Harry and Ron to the Yule Ball?" I asked. "Think of it this way, Harry is a champion for the tournament and Ron is an amazing chess player, who helped defeat you know who in the first year, and defended Harry with a broken leg" I said trying to convince them. They agreed to it

"Padma and Paravati are your dates for the Yule Ball" I said walking up to Ron, Harry and Mione. "How did you manage that?" Harry asked. "Powers of persuasion Harry" I replied. "Looks like you have to pick out your dress robes Ron" I said turning to him. "I don't want to, they're hideous" Ron whined.

"Let me rephrase this. Mrs Weasley sent me and Harry a letter to make sure that you would wear your dress robes. Quoting Mrs Weasley 'Fine don't wear your dress robes, you can very well go naked if you want. Harry get some pictures of him, Merlin knows I could do with a laugh' and I'm pretty sure Harry has his camera ready, so if you don't want to wear them it's fine with me" I replied. I could hear Harry and Mione snickering.

"Fine, I'll wear them" Ron replied sighing.