𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

───※ ·❆· ※───

───※ ·❆· ※───

"Who is she?", Jake, a friend of his asked upon opening the door to him and saw a girl with Sunghoon. He was one of the person he could leave with to his mother since the last nurse gave him a scare after revealing her color by only applying to capture photos of him at home for the reporters.

Thankfully, his family's connection with the law office had helped get rid of her with no fuss, at least the issue of his mother was never revealed to the public.

"She's staying here for the time being", Sunghoon says, not really sure what to offer before he moved Mi-sun in front of him for Jake to see, "Mi-sun, this is my bestfriend, Jake"

Being nice as him, holding no suspicion at all, Jake smiled to the girl, "Hello, are you maybe the hidden girlfriend they were talking about?"

Mi-sun immediately flushes red and looks helplessly to Sunghoon who just scratched his neck at his friend's action, "No, I'm not"

"I'll you the story soon, Jake. Aren't you supposed to get home now?

Jake looks at his watch, and headed quickly for the door, "As much as I want to stay for long, my dog is waiting for me at home"

As he slipped fast Mi-sun, he lay a hand on Sunghoon's shoulder with a whisper, "Fix her a bedroom fast because your mom is angry now"

By the time he closed the door after Jake's exit, he led Mi-sun who was looking around in wonder and he opens the door to her in the extra room. He just couldn't control his emotions when he sees everything inside is still untouched. It used to be Jay's bedroom, the one next to his.

It still hurts to this day to know that his own brother, an older one, had left them for his stepfather  and the responsibility of their sick mother falls into Sunghoon's hands, stripping him of complete freedom to enjoy his youth.

Mi-sun smiles and it drops once she saw the picture frame in the nightstand, another guy with sharp jaw had his arm slung around Sunghoon. Behind them, is a beach wading in and out of sight.

"Is it really okay for me to occupy this room?", she asks, and Sunghoon watches her take in the room from the door. She chuckles softly as she looks at all of his brother's thing, such as the prada bags and shoes from it's shelves near the cabinets.

There was even the collection of comics and Bts's albums beside it.

"It was my brother's when he stayed here, he flied to U.S a year ago", Sunghoon tried to sound normal, but he can't but look down at the admission.

Mi-sun turns around and notices his expression. She was about to ask what's wrong when he faked a smile, "Good night, Mi-sun", he says and closes the door behind him.

In spite of feeling awkward in a room full of stuff from a person she doesn't know, Mi-sun changes into a nightwear and is about to change the sheets of the bed when she chances upon the picture frame again. She picks it up and immediately a smile grown on her face.

How could she not? If Sunghoon was not looking into the camera, but to his brother instead, like no one mattered in the world in that moment. She could understand the feeling, for she once felt it with Minseok.

Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a piercing scream coming from a two doors away from hers. It was followed by things being thrown, a glass breaking and more loud thuds as she hears Sunghoon. She puts down the picture and slowly walks out the door, peeking in the hallway. It was a woman's voice, an angry one.

"I hate you! I hate that you're always here, and not him!", There's more yelling, there's more things being thrown, "Get out of my sight now! I want to see Jay, not you!"

It reminds her of the time she have to hide under her bed after she broke a plate and her brother took the fall, saying it was him, only for their aunt to hit him on the head.

She doesn't know what to do as cold sweat forms at the tip of her forehead every time she hears a cry inside that room. As if on cue, the door opens and Sunghoon runs out of the room, his eyes looking frightened.

He closes the door behind and locked it with a key, muffling the screams inside. Then he heads next to the living room, sagging down to the long couch. He lay there in a fetal position, burying his head in his knees.

Mi-sun walks toward him and slowly sits on her knees in front of the couch, "Sunghoon...", she starts weakly, and Sunghoon looks up to her, his eyes are watery and his face is red.

Tears finally roll down his cheeks as her hand reached out, "I can't take this anymore...", he was the one who break down this time, and she sat down to the edge of the couch, pulling his head gently down to her lap. As the screams from his mom's room intensified, she covered his ears, silencing all the noises he can hear.

"So, that's why", she begun as a tear runs down her chin as well as him, "you were so kind to me because you're broken at the same time", Sunghoon hugs her waist and cried even more harder.

He pulls away from her too soon and sniffs, before looking into her eyes, "Because when I first look at you in the rain, it reminds me of who I am"

With just those words, Mi-sun's heart breaks as she kiss his tears away, "What do you see in me, Sunghoon?", she says and he reached out to place a hand on her cheek.

Then he whispers gently, "I could see in your eyes the reflection of how empty I've become"

───※ ·❆· ※───

What are you thinking of this short story so far?