CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

SURPRISED

The anger and confusion in the room was spiralling fast. I don't know what to say myself all I can hear is the rapid heartbeat in my chest.  I wipe my sweaty palms on my dress. "Who would send this?" Case asked. I could ask the same thing. " I'm sure it's nothing. Maybe it was sent here by mistake or something. It didn't have an address right?" I look at Xavier and he nods. "There, you see it's nothing let's just forget about it." I tell them trying not show how bothered and scared I am. I'm surprised I'm pulling this off I'm a nervous wreck inside. "H this might be related to-" I cut her off with a tight squeeze on her thigh under the table, I give her a subtle shake when our eyes meet. I know exactly what she's trying to say and I'm not ready to deal with it yet. I feel eyes burning  a hole at the side of my face when I turn I find Matteo, Trent and Case giving me a skeptical look I avert my gaze turning to Xavier. " Just throw it away." I tell him. He puts it back in the box walking towards the kitchen. " Let's just continue eating." Everyone's mood seem to change and I don't think they'll just let it go this easily.

Case's Pov

My eyes didn't miss the little moment that Heather and Bella just had. Something is telling me there's a whole lot more than what meets the eye. I'm going to start watching them closely.

Dante's pov

How do things just miraculously  show up at your door step. As a man whose thrown in the business world you pick up a few things, So when I look at my sister I know she's hiding something and whatever that thing was, Is somehow related to her and I'm going to find out.

Heather's pov

Yesterday's dinner went really well till the doll thing happened. Everyone was a bit on the edge not really comfortable with the whole thing and it didn't help that my brother's kept on shooting glaze's my way like they we're trying to figure me out. I'm not sure I like that very much. Ace came an hour later after everyone left mama and papa told him what happened and he was furious, They tried to see the surveillance Cameras outside but it caught nothing it's like that package just popped up right out of thin air and I know that's not settling well with them. I'm trying to convince him it's nothing but I know his not going to let this go that easily. "Baby I'm going to the mall now, Becky is waiting for me downstairs." I walk over and give him a kiss on the cheek. " Are you sure that's a good idea?" He asked. "Ace like I said yesterday and this morning I'm sure it was sent here by mistake or something."I run my fingers through his locks. "But why wasn't it caught on camera?" He presses on. "I don't know maybe  they was a glitch some where that's why it didn't catch anything. I'm not going to let this ruin our day I'm just going to buy an outfit then will be back here in no time." I tell him. His a bit hesitant but he lets me go barely. I kiss his forehead  heading down.

*******

"Are you sure this is okay?" I ask Becky for the millionth time. We've been to different stores for the last three hours trying to find the perfect outfit and so far I've found a cute black turtle neck with some high waist blue jeans that really hug my curves perfectly and a Black backless dress that's just above my knees. And a blue short sleeve-less dress that reaches mid thigh. I don't know what to go with I've been trying them on to see what's best and that seems impossible. I'm now in the dress asking Becky if I should get it too, For a person who loves shopping I can see her patience is running low with me. "H, I love you but if you ask me that one more time I'm going to kill you and we don't want that. So why don't you get all three outfits and later on pick what you think will look great." She suggests, But I know she just wants to leave.  It's kinda funny. So I decide to play with her a little. "I don't know maybe we should walk around for one more outfit." I tease And her eyes snap at me looking deadly. "Sheesh, Relax I'm kidding I'll take this off and pay for everything." I laugh.

We didn't have time for lunch so we came back straight home to get ready. Now Becky is helping me with my hair and makeup. " What do you think?" She asked turning me to face the mirror. I look gorgeous. My hair is put in some lose braid that's held by pins while the rest falls down my back in thick waves some strands falling on my forehead. With minimum makeup a bit of Black eyebrows pencil, eyeliner and some  light glossy lipgloss. It looks simple but naturally beautiful. I'm not a fun of caking my face. " What do you think I should wear?" I asked.  "I think you know." I definitely do. I walk out of the bathroom with the black dress on. I thought it would fit  much better for the evening and from the smile on her face I know I chose the right one. "You look sexy. Turn around for me."I do a little twirl earning a happy  squeal. "My brother is going to pass out." I laugh at her. "Don't be ridiculous Becs." I end the look with simple diamond earrings, my clutch and my black four itch heels. " Okay I'm ready." I take a deep breath. " Come on I'm sure Ace is too. let's go knock his socks off." I giggle walking besides her.

The click of my heels echoes as I walk down just like last time I find Ace waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs but this time his eyes follow every step I take till I'm right in front of him. "Well I'm glad you appreciate my work." I hear Becky comment but I don't bother with a comeback. I'm mesmerised by the view Infront of me.  His wearing a black button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows,  with a few buttons open showing his mascular chest. He has on black jeans that we're made for him with black ankle boots. Damn he looks breath taking. "I'm glad you think so." He chuckles, I blush knowing I said that out loud. " Doll, No need to blush you look breath taking too." He smirks, he takes a step closer and his scent hits me. My breath hitches when his hands touches my bare back sending sparks all over my body. " You look and smell Amazing it's like your trying to kill me." He says lowly close to my face I feel his breath kiss my lips. I  slightly open my lips his eyes involuntarily falls on them. " I think you guys should go before you blind us." Papa walks by interrupting and totally ruining the moment we both blink coming out of it. He moves aside pushing me into him. "I think we need to leave before we have any more interruptions." He whispers in my ear. We leave waving everyone.

Ace surprised me by taking me to the first place we met or should I say bumped into him literally and I fall down on my ass. It's still embarrassing till this day it's the only thing I would change if it was possible. "This place hasn't changed much." I say looking around. "No it hasn't. I thought it would be romantic if I brought you here for our first date." I coo. "How charming." I smile. A waiter soon comes to take our order. I look over the menu deciding to go for the spaghetti carbonara with lemonade while Ace orders Risotto with red wine. "Your order will be ready shortly. " Did I tell you how beautiful you look tonight." He asked. My cheeks flaming up. Jesus why do I blush easily. " If my cheeks fall off its all your fault." I point at him and he smiles.

Dinner was amazing. The food, the company, the conversation it was all absolutely  wonderful. I really love him it's amazing how you find that one person that just connects with you and all you want to do is be with them. "Come on I still have one more surprise for you but we're gonna have to go walk across the street."He taking my hand on his. "What are we waiting for come on let's go." I tell him eagerly. I love surprises. We get up and he puts a couple of bills on the table before we leave. "After you doll." Opening the door for me. "Oh, wow such a gentle man." I tease, He chuckles. "Okay you just stay right here I'll be back." I nod. He leaves me by the car while he goes to the ice cream shop across the street which makes me smile. What a better way to end our date with ice cream. A couple of minutes later I feel someone walk up behind me I turn hoping to find Ace but I'm surprised at what I see.

Sorry for the cliffhanger I know I hate them but to make the story juicy your going to have to wait guys🤓🤓
See you tomorrow.
Enjoy and don't forget to
Vote
Comment.
Byeeeeeee 👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋