Chapter 24

I was working on my laptop when Rohan walked inside the room. He looked tired with his loose tie around his neck and two of the buttons of his dress shirt unbuttoned.

"Sanjana, you need to stop working! You'll tire yourself and you're supposed to rest," he complained as he walked towards me and snapped my laptop shut.

"Hey! I hadn't saved it,"

"Don't worry I'm sure it was auto-saved, now did you eat dinner?"

"No I forgot," I said.

He was sitting a little closer than usual and that was making me uncomfortable. He must have noticed it because he sighed and rubbed his hand over his face. He looked at me with tired eyes and then hesitantly took hold of my hand.

"Sanjana,"

"Ha?"

He offered me a small smile and then place my hand on his heart.

"This might be too straightforward but just know that my heart beats for you and that somewhere inside my heart you've carved a small space for yourself and that space keeps growing everyday,"

"Shut up," I whispered.

"And I'm sure your heart is beating as fast as mine though I'm not sure if it due to discomfort or something else," he said and then gave a forced laugh.

"I--"

"Let's go eat dinner," he said as he pulled me to my feet.

In the dining room, Rohan served me the lasagna that mom had made and we ate in silence.

"I have to go on a small business trip tonight, I'm sorry I forgot, will that be okay?"

"Why are you asking me? And why are you sorry?"

"I thought it would upset you because you're injured and that I'm going on a trip right now,"

"It's okay Rohan, I would say that it would have been better if you'd told me in advance so I could pack your bag but then again, I can't really working with my non-dominant hand," I said.

"I would never ask you to pack my bags," he said with a small smile.

"Mhmm,"

After dinner as we retired to our room, Rohan started packing his bag, all the while cursing himself for not packing his bag before.

"Chalo good luck beta," mom and dad said as they hugged him.

I was going with him to drop him at the airport.

"All the best and I hope this helps you with that case," Sunil said.

"Yeah," he said before sitting in the car.

"Don't work too much,"

"Okay Rohan,"

"And take your medicines on time,"

"Ha baba,"

"And--"

"Shut up," I interrupted him.

"What? I'm just worried okay,"

"You don't need to be Rohan, I'll take care of myself," I replied with a small smile.

"Promise?" He asked raising his pinky finger.

"Pinky promise Ro," I murmured as I locked my own pinky finger with his.

"Sir, we've reached,"

"Okay," he replied as he got down and I followed him.

"Good luck Rohan," I said as he stood there.