Fighting's like breathing!

It was early in the morning, so early that the sun had barely reared its head up from the east. Most people were sleeping, after all, it was around 3:40 in the morning. Yuka Higurashi was not most people, right now he was gearing up for his morning run. Clad in a grey sweatsuit and black army type boots he set out to the beach. 

A far cry from the populated and bustling beach it is during the day, the beach in the morning isn't even frequented by people who want to take a casual walk, it was far too windy for that, but perfect for Yuka. Jogging his way over to the public access he sees that it is blocked with a big barricade of concrete and yellow tape.

'why would you close down an entire beach?' He thinks to himself.

He sighs, but is undeterred, if he couldn't do his 5 mile beach run, he could still just run around town. Turning on an about face he started back for the town to complete his run. Running down an intersection he admired the peacefulness of the place, not at all like the chaos that it was later in the day. 

Crossing the road, he saw one person that he did not want to run into at all. The orange haired devil was back; clad in a grey sweatsuit and black boots of her own. He turned on about face and hoped that she just didn't notice him. She did, and she dashed forward to catch up to him.

'Why me?' He asked himself internally.

"Oi, Shortstack!" She shouts.

"Shut it, people are trying to sleep." He snarled back.

"We aren't gonna wake them, it's fine." She replies.

"There's a turn up around the next block, how about you take a left, and I'll take a right." He suggests.

"Nah, I think I'll stick with you." She says.

He looked to her and realized there was no talking her out of it, he did think of one thing though.

"Alright then, just keep up with me." He replied.

He went from his normal run to a full cold sprint dead ahead. She looked shocked after being left in the dust, but her shock quickly turned to excitement, shifting gears she matched him by going into a sprint of her own. Catching up almost immediately Yuka catches wind and doubles his pace, she matches him doubling her own pace.

The two were locked in a race, sprinting ahead trying to one up the other. The intense speed was too much to be sustained though, and after around 2 minutes of battling they both doubled over and tried to catch their breath.

"You kept up," Yuka says half sarcastic.

"You're damn right I did." She replied.

---

The two had long since finished their race, and caught their breath. Now they were jogging down the streets for their five miles.

"Cultural festival's coming up." Gamo states while the two run down.

"Yeah, I know, I ain't in any clubs so I'm not really doing anything." He replies.

She hums in acknowledgement as the two continue their run.

"Hey, I got an idea." She says.

"What is it?" He replies.

"How about, we have a match at the festival!" She says excitedly.

"So I can embarrass you in front of the entire school?" He asks curious.

"Yeah exac- wait!" She says catching on to what he said.

"I mean, that's what's gonna happen don't kid yourself." He says wiping of some sweat.