Rebellion

-in the present :)

I pushed the branches back out of my face as i stepped towards the clearing. Scanning my eyes over the stone floor I was suprised not to see dried blood as a reminder of Wilburs injury.

I grimaced as the memories resurfaced of his bloodied leg, the wound that I caused.

I shook my head as I shuffled forward, towards the vines growing from the top of the stone wall-like landmark.

I pulled then to the side as the light shone past me, lighting up the dim space inside.

There was a couple chests and a crafting table tucked into the corner of this small damp cave-like room.

I bent over slightly as I stepped inside, unsheathing my sword, keeping it by my side. I felt the vines drop back into place over the entrance as I moved away from them, my armour quietly clinking together at how small the space I had was.

I moved forward although the damp smell invaded my senses, the darkness made little difference. It was like that sometimes. Perhaps Techno was right, maybe there was different blood in me. But even if there was, I can't let myself get distracted by the aspect.

I crept forward, the stone around me capturing the cold temperature and expelling it towards me.

Techno was usually level-headed about these things but he was adamant. He was convinced.
Besides, I don't show enough known traits for anyone to diagnose me.
And if any of the witch doctors did diagnose me, it was a load of bullshit.

However something in my mind nagged at me. Something was trying  tell me something. It was trying to push its self forward, push its self to the front of my mind.

Techno was sure that it must be phantom. He said he had seen half endermen and they weren't similar to me in anyway. To be honest, an inkling of me agreed. Maybe I am a hybrid phantom.

Sure, phantoms are one of the coolest nighttime monsters but theres only one way someone could become a hybrid of them and that could never happen.

It's simply impossible and unexplainable.

But then there was the night in the village far north.

I haven't told anyone what happened. What I heard. Not even Techno.

I'm not even sure what happened. I just remember them surrounding the house, circling, darting, swirling, their wings slicing through the air like blades creating their unique, ominous sound.

They shrieked.

Loudly.

Piercing screams. It was constant. Every millisecond of break between sounds were blessings. I couldn't block them out. It was like they were in my head, manifesting their power.
Techno and Phil tried to help but no matter how hard we tried, they never silenced. That's when we gave up.
That's when I gave up fighting them.

I remember it vividly, as if I could still hear it all, live it all. I tried, I really did. I tried to go to sleep, wait out till morning but I wasn't strong enough. I gave in as the screeches moulded themselves into words. And that's what they were. Words, voices collecting, gathering inside my mind.

Some shouting, some whispering, all clamouring for attention.
It was torture.

My eyes widened as I stepped though a small stone doorway to reveal a ravine, stretching as far as I could see. Lit by the flickering torches scattered down the thin path connected only to the wall.

I stepped carefully, gently leaning myself over the edge to see down onto the floor down below.

To my supprised, someone was looking back.