Chapter 44

Theo POV

Theo POV
Just when I thought things were okay between me and Collae she had been ignoring me all day.

Just a few days ago it seemed like everything was back perfect with us. We were seeing each other almost everyday since we decided to put our relationship back together. But today I hadn't heard from her once. I started to worry.

I could not handle not seeing or hearing from Collae, was she avoiding me? I didn't know if  I did something wrong. For her to just be MIA with me...this wasn't normal, or when she does do stuff like this something is usually wrong and I needed to find out what that was right now.

"Hey Lae, it's me again...I'm really not sure why you haven't been returning my calls or text, I really need to see you, I'm not sure how much longer I can take without hearing from you. Please come by my house or let me come by, nobody has been answering the door, I really don't know what I did wrong but please just call me or come by okay, I love you Collae," I hung up the voicemail and tried not to worry too much. I hope this wasn't her ghosting me. I thought we were doing okay. I never felt any signs that something was wrong...was there?

I heard a faint knock on my door and it was my mom.

"Mom have you heard from her?" I had spoke to my mom prior letting her know that I hadn't spoke to her all day.

"Theo we need to get to the hospital like right now," my heart dropped and I knew this could only be about Collae.

We rushed out taking my car just me and my mom and I tried to avoid speeding with her but I could sense something was off with Collae.

~~~
We arrived at the hospital and I immediately looked for assistance. I began to tremble.

"Collae Heart! Where is she!" I screamed and security began to ease toward me.

"Theo please!" my mom scolded, "Please mind my sons manner, we're looking for which room Collae Heart is in."

"Right now she's only allowed family," The front desk woman spoke. I banged my hand on the desk.

"She is my family, she's pregnant and I'm the father, and I need to see her right now," I demanded.

"Sir I'm going to need you to calm down," the security guard held his hands up inching toward me.

"I don't need to calm down I need to see my fucking girlfriend!" I yelled. My body was shaking, I couldn't control my emotions.

"Theodore calme-toi! Now!" My mom gripped my arm tugging at it roughly. I took a deep breath.

"Please, I really need to see my girlfriend," I pleaded with her.

"It's okay, he can come in," a familiar voice made me look up at the door leading the hallway. It was Collaes grandmother.

"Oh my god, Miss Ekua, is she okay? Please tell me she's okay," I sprinted over to her and she lead the way to the room.

"Theodore, I'm so sorry, she needs you right now, I think you need to go talk to her, I'll stay out here with your mama." She gave me a sympathetic smile before dropping it. It seemed like something happened to Collae that affected her as well.

I barged into the room and there she was with a faint smile. I don't think I ever embraced anyone so quickly  in my whole life. She looked so tired and worn out.

"Collae!" I cried out, "Baby you have no idea how happy I am to see you mon amour!" She kissed me softly and I kissed back picking her up. "Baby what happened are you okay?"

A doctor walked in shortly after me and Collae turned her head still having not said a word. He shut the door and greeted me.

"Hi, you must be the father," He shook my hand and gestured for me to take a seat.

"What's going on is Collae alright?" I looked to her then back at him.

"I'm very sorry that I have to deliver this news to such a young couple, your baby didn't make it, Collae miscarried and we were unable to bring them back."

Shock.

Disbelief.

He couldn't be serious. A miscarriage? How could this happen?

"What?" I questioned, "How could this happen?"

I was confused and grew concerned for Collae. I had no child on the way anymore? How could something once be there not be alive anymore.

This was all my fault.

"There are many reasons as to why many miscarry, Collae will have to stay here for a few more days to run some test, a factor could be underlying stress, alcohol, her body itself being unable to carry to term," he explained but it only sounded like a doctor not someone empathizing.

"What do we do? I don't know what to do. What do I do?" I stood up to walk by Collaes side.

"If you would like to see her, she's right over here," the doctor walked toward the small baby holder, "I will give you some space."

Did I want to walk over there? Did I want to see my dead baby? I didn't know what to do?

"Go see her," Collae's raspy voice cried out. My bag was hurting and I was at a loss on how to comfort her.

I slowly walked to the holder not knowing what to expect to see.

She was so small. I could fit her in one hand.

"It was so much blood Theo. I-I-I don't know what happened." she stuttered, "One moment I was feeling like I was dying and it was just so much blood, I was too late to save her, I'm so sorry Theo." I was speechless I had no idea what to say, all I could do was feel, and what I felt in this moment I wouldn't wish on anyone.

In that moment I thought about her parents and how much she did get attached to the baby I needed to be strong and be there for my girlfriend.

"Oh my god," was all that came out and I was scared when I finally seen her. She was so tiny and didn't even have a chance at life. My first child. Gone just like that.

This can't be real. This couldn't be real.

I could feel my knees start to buckle and my head go faint.

"Theo!"

~~~~

I'm soooooo sorry I did this, but there was a reason I promise when you read my very last part that I wrote for readers you'll see. Please don't hate me or the book.