~33~

Summer was getting closer and the weather had warmed up at the castle

Summer was getting closer and the weather had warmed up at the castle. James was getting changed in his dormitory when he saw an owl flying towards the window which was open as it was so hot.

He quickly pulled his shirt over his head before carefully taking the letter from the bird's beak. He let out a sigh when he recognised the wax seal at the front.

He pulled the envelope open and pulled out the letter which had been nearly written out.

'James,

I am yet to hear from McGonagall about your kind actions to the young Parkinson girl. This is your warning that you will be forbidden to play Quidditch if I hear nothing from McGonagall by the end of the month.

Love, Mum'

James let out a groan as he folded the letter back up and put it into the top drawer of his bedside table. "Hurry Prongs before all the chocolate croissants are gone!" Sirius shouted which made him roll his eyes left they left the common room.

As the four walked into the Great Hall, James noticed the lonely Hufflepuff. "Go find us a seat." He told the others before he walked over to Asteria.

She wiped her mouth and looked up when she noticed the boy standing in front of her. "What do you want Potter?" She asked. "Do you want to come back to my common room tonight?" He asked the Hufflepuff girl who scoffed. "Nice try Potter." She replied. "Just piss off," Asteria added with a hiss which made him roll his eyes before walking to the Gryffindor table.

-☘︎︎-

That night, Asteria headed down to Hagrid's hut at the edge of the dark forest. She walked with her hands in the pockets of her coat down the dirt path until she reached the stone hut.

She held out her arm and knocked on the wooden door clearly. She waited but no one answered so she knocked again and it didn't open. She then noticed the candles in the window had been blown out. Guessing that he was out, she headed back to the castle.

The sun had set so she expected the grounds to be empty which was why she was surprised to see a figure flying around the Quidditch pitch. Curious, she wandered over and onto the grass pitch. From the light of the moon, she was able to recognise the figure as James.

"Looking rather lonely Potter." She said which made him jump before looking down at her with a smirk. "Well, it looks like I've found a fan."  The Gryffindor said with a smirk as he flew down to the grass. "No, I'm actually researching to find out why your ego is so big," Asteria replied which made him roll his eyes.

"Do you want to practice with me?" He asked suddenly which made her eyebrows furrow. She shook her head. "My father says it's not a lady thing." She replied as she rolled her eyes at the comment her father constantly made.

"You're no lady." James laughed which made her sarcastically smile at him. "Do you want to try?" He asked as he held out his broom. She paused for a moment before reluctantly agreeing.

She gripped onto the front of the broom as she mounted it. "Now kick your legs and you should hover above the floor." She bit her bottom lip as she kicked her legs up. "I'm off the ground!" She exclaimed but she soon lost balance and fell off which made James snicker.

"Don't laugh at me, Potter!" She hissed before trying again and again but she kept on failing. The more she fell off, the more James got impatient.

He took the broom back and mounted it before looking at her. "Well, are you getting on?" He asked with an eyebrow raised. "You expect me to get on that stick with you and expect it to hold?" She asked which made him roll his eyes.

"Fine! Fine!" She exclaimed before she got on the back of the broom and was reluctant to hold onto him but when he kicked off the ground and they started to fly up she held onto his tightly.

"Can we go back to the floor now?" She asked but he smirked. He then suddenly leaned forward which they sped up and fly around the pitch and barely avoiding the wooden stands.

"Potter! Take me back to the ground!" She shouted with her eyes scrunched up and her arms wrapped around him. He chuckled as he slowly lowered down.

She quickly dismounted and ran her hands through her hair which was messy due to the wind. "You're an arsehole, Potter!" She shouted at the Gryffindor. "But admit that it was fun." He replied with a smirk and shrug.

"Fine, a little. But it was fucking terrifying!" She exclaimed which made him chuckle. "You're one to talk. You hang around with creatures who are considered dangerous." James replied which made her pause.

"Touché." Asteria shrugged which made him chuckle again. "How is that game allowed at this school?" She muttered to herself as she walked off of the pitch, brushing herself down.