~47~

Asteria had an Astronomy lesson one cold autumn night so she had no classes in the afternoon

Asteria had an Astronomy lesson one cold autumn night so she had no classes in the afternoon. As the nights were getting colder, Asteria decided to knit herself a new blanket so she sat on her bed with Beatles playing on her record player.

She was able to finish the blanket just in time for dinner so she threw it over her bed before leaving her dormitory. Asteria rubbed her eyes as she walked past the Slytherin table.

Suddenly, Lucius picked up his plate of food and threw it forward, covering the Hufflepuff in gravy and mash potatoes. The Slytherins around started to cackle and Asteria tried to brush herself down.

Marlene, who was sat on the Gryffindor table, watched the Slytherin throw his food and the girl and hurried over, her fist clenched. She then punched the blonde boy which made his nose start to bleed.

She then grabbed the Hufflepuff girl and started to walk her out of the hall. "That bastard." She hissed. "I'll get you a change of clothes."

-☘︎︎-

"Here." Marlene handed her a queen shirt along with my with some loose fabric trousers. "Thanks," Asteria replied as she took the clothes and started to get changed.

"Are you okay?" Lily asked after bursting into the dorm. "I'm fine. My shirt is now ruined with gravy." Asteria replied with a shrug as she pulled the shirt over her head.

"Class is about to begin!" Dorcas shouted as she waited at the bottom of the stairs. The three girls then left the dormitory for the Astronomy tower.

-☘︎︎-

The students crowded around  Professor Sinistra for the first lesson of the year. "Tonight we will be completing star charts in pairs." She announced to the class. James and Sirius grabbed onto each other with wide grins.

"I will pick the pairs." The whole class let out a groan which made the Professor roll her eyes before pairing people up. "Miss Evans and Mr Lupin."

"Miss Parkinson and Mr Black." The two students let out a huff as they turned to look at each other. The Professor then sent the students away to a telescope with a star chart.

Sirius held the chart and inspected it. "Are you sure this is a star chart? It looks like a list of my family's names." Sirius said but Asteria did not react and instead looked into the telescope.

She then walked back to fill in the name of a star named 'Orion'. She let out a yawn and rubbed her eyes but when she lowered her hands, she noticed Sirius staring at the star's name.

Asteria dipped her quill in ink before crossing out the name and writing 'prick' on top. The Gryffindor looked up with furrowed eyebrows of confusion. "It's a synonym." She said with a grin that made him smile slightly before looking down at the chart again.

"Look, it's me!" He exclaimed, pointing at the 'Sirius' star on the chart. "Why is my star not bigger?" The Gryffindor asked. "I suggest making it the size of your ego," Asteria said which made him roll his eyes.

"Then it would take up the whole galaxy," James added with a smirk which made the Hufflepuff snicker. "You're one to talk!" You look in the mirror 50 times a day!" Sirius exclaimed back.

"Jokes on you because I've only looked 46 times so far," James replied which made Asteria roll her eyes and turn back to the telescope in front of her.