~48~

Asteria sat in the Great Hall for breakfast one cold autumn morning when she was approached by a red-headed Gryffindor

Asteria sat in the Great Hall for breakfast one cold autumn morning when she was approached by a red-headed Gryffindor. "Do you want to sit with us? You just look so lonely sat here." Lily asked which made the Hufflepuff turn around to see Alice and Dorcas waving at her. "Why not?" She replied with a smile before she carried her plate over to the crimson table.

"Can I have a good luck kiss for the match today, Evans?" James asked the girl with a hopeful look. "I'd rather kiss a slug." She hissed back. "That's probably what kissing Potter feels like," Asteria said with a smirk which made him roll his eyes.

"Can I have a good luck kiss?" Marlene asked sarcastically to the redhead who shook her head and chuckled lightly. That day was the first game between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw.

"Are you going to watch, Parkinson?" James asked the Hufflepuff girl. "Just to watch you embarrass yourself." She replied with squinted eyes which made him roll his eyes.

-☘︎︎-

Asteria stood in the stands of Gryffindor, sticking out as she wore her Hufflepuff scarf around her neck. James noticed the girl at the beginning of the game and would wink at her every time he scored which made her huff.

Finally, the Gryffindor seeker caught the golden snitch, and the game ended. The group of girls left the stands of the pitch when Marlene ran over. "We won! We won!" She sang which made them chuckle.

"We are so getting drunk tonight!" Dorcas sang loudly. "You can come if you want," Marlene said to the Hufflepuff. "I don't know." She replied. "Oh, come on!" She exclaimed which made her nod.

"And don't wear one of your grandma jumpers." The Gryffindor girl added. "Are you critiquing my knitting?" Asteria asked. "Knitting! Are you an old lady?" Marlene exclaimed.

-☘︎︎-

Asteria scanned through her wardrobe that night until she came across a dress she had not worn before. She pulled it off the hanger and pulled the sage dress with white flowers and puffed sleeves over her head.

Afterward, she bent down to buckle up the black shoes she wore with a thick heel that had been pair with white frilly socks. She quickly put a pair of small hoop earrings in before leaving for the Gryffindor common room.

She ran her hands through her hair as she stepped into the common room. Marlene noticed the girl and hurried over. "Looking good there, grandma." She said with a wink. "How do you deal with alcohol?" The blonde girl then asked.

"Well, last time I fell on my face." The Hufflepuff replied. "We are in for a fun night!" She shouted before picking up a shot and handed it to her. Asteria threw her head back as she quickly drank the shot, wiping her mouth afterward.

Marlene handed her another shot which she spilled slightly on her dress but she didn't realize. More Than A Woman played out of the record player and she dragged the Hufflepuff towards the group of dancing students.

Asteria swayed her hips side to side to the music as she took occasional sips of the cider she had been handed. "Rock, paper, scissors for who had to drink Veritaserum!" Marlene then shouted before pulling out a vile of a clear potion.

"Where did you even get that?" Lily asked with furrowed eyebrows. "That doesn't matter. So who's in?" Marlene asked. Alice and Lily stepped backward and shook their heads. "So it's Dorcas and Asteria."

She let out a huff before standing opposite the Gryffindor ready to do rock, paper, scissors. "Rock, paper, scissors, shoot!" Marlene shouted. Dorcas' hand was flat whilst Asteria's was clenched.

"Fuck sake." She sighed as she reluctantly took the vial and drank the potion. "How do you feel?" The Gryffindor asked with a hopeful look. "I don't think I can stand up straight," Asteria replied which made the other girls chuckle.

Asteria then stumbled towards the crimson couch and leaned against it. She suddenly started to cough and her face cringed up. She looked around to see the common room was filled with smoke from cigarettes so she got up and left for some fresh air.

She found an empty balcony and leaned against the railing. After running her hand through her hair, she let out a sigh. Suddenly she jumped when the door behind her opened.

Asteria turned around to see James at the door. "Oh sorry. I can go to another balcony." The Gryffindor said. "No, it's fine." The Hufflepuff replied as she turned back around and looked out over the forest below.

James then walked up beside her and got a cigarette from his pocket. "Really? I just left to get away from that." Asteria said which made him apologise as he put it back into his pocket.

"It's getting annoying. All the girls asking me out." James sighed which made her scoff. "That's a real problem." She said sarcastically.
"You're really arrogant." The Hufflepuff added which made him smirk.

"When you look this good you have to be," James replied which made her roll her eyes. He leaned on the railing with his beer in his hand. He then got up to leave but tripped over his own feet and spilled the drink all over her.

"Merlin, I hate you! I hate your massive ego and your stupid smirk and your awfully attractive face!" Asteria suddenly shouted. They both froze still with wide eyes. "Oh really?" He asked with a smirk. Asteria was beginning to regret losing that rock, paper, scissors game.

"You didn't hear that." She replied with crimson cheeks as she turned away. "I think I did." He replied. "No, you didn't," Asteria said which made him chuckle.

"Give yourself some credit. You've got an attractive face too." James said which made her look at him. "Is that all you got? I thought you were meant to be the player of Hogwarts." Asteria replied which made him roll his eyes.

"I expected b-" She was cut off by James who pressed his lips against hers. Asteria quickly pulled away. "Did you just kiss me?" She asked. "I'm sorry." James apologied.

Asteria grabbed the neck of his shirt and pulled him closer so she could touch his lips. His shoulders relaxed and he carefully pushed some of her hair behind her ear whilst her arms were wrapped around his neck. She moved closer so that her body was pressed against his.

She then pulled away with a smirk. James then glanced down to see his shirt was soaked with beer. "Ew! My shirt is now soaked!" He exclaimed. "Payback motherfucker!" She shouted drinking before running through the door, leaving James who shook his head and chuckled.