~54~

Lily had invited Asteria to sit at the Gryffindor table in the Great hall for diner

Lily had invited Asteria to sit at the Gryffindor table in the Great hall for diner. Dumbledore suddenly cleared his throat which caught the attention of all the students. "I never kissed the Fat Lady!" Dorcas exclaimed loudly which made everyone turn around and stare at the Gryffindor.

"Thank you for that Miss Meadowes." Dumbledore thanked which made her nod with a grin. "I am proud to announce that we will be holding a Christmas ball at the end of the week to celebrate the holiday." The headteacher announced which made the hall full of mutter.

James turns to Sirius beside him. "I'm gonna need to practice ballroom dancing." The messy-haired boy whispered. "Why? Who are you going with?" Peter asked with furrowed eyebrows. "Evans obviously," James replied.

"And are you sure she'll say yes?" Remus asked which made him scoff before nodding.

-☘︎︎-

Asteria was sat in the courtyard of the castle when she heard footsteps hurrying towards her. She glanced up to see Regulus. "Potter needs someone to teach him ballroom dancing. Can you help?" He asked with a hopeful look.

"No," Asteria replied with a shrug. "Please. This is the first time Sirius has talked to me this year." The Slytherin begged which made her let out a groan of frustration. "Fine."

-☘︎︎-

Asteria let of a huff as she pushed to the portrait of the Fat Lady by Regulus. "Alright! Alright! You don't need to push me anymore!" The Hufflepuff shouted which made the portrait swing open to reveal James.

"You?" He asked with a look of disgust. "Very welcoming, Potter." She replied sarcastically which made him roll his eyes. Remus was sat in the armchair reading a book but glanced up when the Hufflepuff girl walked in.

"Good luck mate," Remus said as he got up and patted her shoulder before leaving the common room. "You're leaving me!" Asteria exclaimed as the portrait closed.

She let out a huff as she turned back to the Gryffindor boy. "Right then," The Hufflepuff sighed before walking over to the record player and putting on classics musical. "Hold my hand." She ordered as she held up one of her hands. Her eyebrows furrowed when he pulled a face of disgust. "Mate, we kissed. You can hold my hand."

James rolled his eyes before interlocking hands with her. She then guided his other hand to her waist. Asteria began to led James around the empty space in the common room to the classical music.

"Ow!" She exclaimed when the Gryffindor accidentally stepped on her foot. "You're a pureblood. How can you not dance?" She asked the boy. "We aren't as stuck up as you are." He replied with a sly smirk which made her stamp on his foot, making him howl in pain.