~55~

Peter hurried into his dorm were to other boys were with a hat in his hands

Peter hurried into his dorm were to other boys were with a hat in his hands. "Look what I have!" Peter shouted. "A hat? Sirius replied with a confused look. "It's got names in it. Lily and I have decided to do secret Santa this year." He explained before passing around the hat to pull a name from.

"The girls already picked." Remus reached into the hat and pulled out the same, having to hide it from Sirius who tried to see who he got. Sirius drew out the same before handing it to James.

He reached into the hat and pulled out a parchment which unfolded to see Asteria's name. "Of course." He muttered before folding the paper up and putting it into his pocket.

Peter, who has already pulled out a name, left the dormitory. When the door was open, James could hear Asteria's voice coming from the fireplace.

Sirius also left, leaving James and Remus alone in the dorm. "I got Asteria." He complained. "And that's bad?" Remus asked with furrowed eyebrows. "She left me at the Christmas ball to twerk for the school." He added.

"I'm going to say this to you one time." Remus began. "Get a grip." He hissed before also leaving the dorm. James let out a deep sigh, hearing the Hufflepuff's voice again.

He then let out a groan as he sat up from his bed and got up, opening the door and walking down the stairs. "Look who decided to leave their dorm." Asteria hissed when she saw the boy.

The girl was sat alone by the fireplace knitting something. James sat down on the crimson couch beside her. "I'm sorry." He apologised. "For being a dick." He added. "Oh, I know why you're apologising." She replied which made him sigh.

"It's alright. You were just jealous that I can twerk." She replied which made him gasp. "I can twerk." He jumped up and started to twerk to the best of his abilities. "You look like a cat about to throw up," Asteria said which made him roll his eyes before sitting down again.

"What are you making?" He asked the girl. "The present for my secret Santa." She replied. "Oh well, can you teach me?" I have Peter and I want to make him the plant pot warmers that you made." James asked.

Asteria nodded with a smile before handing him a ball of wool and a pair of knitting needles. James had edged closer and closer to the Hufflepuff to see what she was doing which ended up with their hands brushing together, sending a shiver up both of their spines.

Suddenly, Asteria's stomach rumbled loudly which made James chuckle. "Are you hungry?" He asked with a smirk which made her nod. "I can make you some chocolate chip cookies.
It's my mother's recipe."

-☘︎︎-

Asteria sat on a wooden stool in the kitchens of the school waiting for James to finish baking his cookies. "Here." He said as he put a plate of still-warm cookies in front of her.

She picked one up and took a bite before shrugging. "Not as good as my pumpkin pie." She said which made him scoff. "Let's see then." James challenged.

"You need to earn it." She replied as took another bite. James rolled his eyes before flicking some flour as the Hufflepuff. "You!" She shouted as she tried to wipe the baking ingredient off her clothes.

Asteria began to chase the boy around the table which stood in the middle of the kitchen but she couldn't catch up with him. Suddenly, she stopped but James kept on running. She let out a small shriek when he wrapped his arms around from behind and spun her around.

He put her back down and she turned around, their chest pressed against each other so they could feel the other's heartbeat which began to rapidly increase.

Asteria smirked before pushing herself up onto her tiptoes and pressing her lips against his. James kisses back, wrapping his arms around her waist which made her smile into the kiss.

Just then, the door swung open and the pair dropped to the floor before crawling under the table. They both peered out to see Peter whose hair was messy as if he had just woken up from sleeping.

They watched as he got himself a glass of milk and left the kitchen. James let out a sigh of relief whilst Asteria began to snicker. "That was fun." She said which made him nod whilst they got up.

James placed a kiss on her forehead. "Night." He said gently before leaving the kitchen for the Gryffindor common room.