~59~

It was now Lily's birthday so she invited Asteria to sleep in her dorm

It was now Lily's birthday so she invited Asteria to sleep in her dorm. So that evening, after lessons had finished, Asteria walked to the Gryffindor common room.

"You again." The portrait of the Fat Lady sighed when she saw her. "It is. Might as well have a red tie now." She replied with a smirk before knocking on the gold frame for someone to open the portrait.

The portrait swung open revealing James who smirked when he saw her. "Can't stay away can you?" He asked arrogantly. "Actually, I'm here for Lily's birthday." She replied, walking pass him. "Cute that you think I'm obsessed with you though." She added with a wink before running up the staircase to the girls' dormitory.

When she pushed open the door, the other girls cheered loudly. "She made it!" Marlene shouted loudly as she sat on the floor with a bottle of wine in his lap.

"Did take you as the wine type." Asteria said as she sat down at the end of a bed. "I'm not. Lily chose the drink." Te blonde girl replied.

"It's the most mum drink ever." Dorcas complained as she fell back on the bed she was sat on. "Maybe I am mum." Lily replied.

"With James?" Marlene asked with a smirk. "What? No!" The red head exclaimed. "Just shut up and drink."

The group of girls all moved to the floor, sitting in a circle and passing around the third bottle of wine.

Spread across the floor were small beads which they used to make friendship bracelets, which they had learnt was a bad idea to do whilst drunk.

Asteria bit her bottom lip trying to fit the string in the beads, soon becoming frustrated and letting out a huff. "I've done it!" Marlene shouted she held up the bracelet.

"Why does it say pussy on it?" Alice asked the blonde girl. "It's my favourite food." Marlene replied with a shrug. Dorcas spat out the wine in her mouth and onto the floor.

Lily let out a sigh before flicking her wand which cleaned up the mess. "Lily's should say Potter." Marlene mocked. Lily rolled her eyes whilst Asteria forced herself to laugh, something Dorcas noticed.

"Are you alright?" The Gryffindor asked. She nodded in reply.

-☘︎︎-

It got later into the night and each one of the girl began to get tried. Marlene yawned loudly which made Asteria yawn and Alice chuckle.

The girls then got into bed. Asteria was sleeping in Alice's bed, which was by the window. Even though it was spring, the dorm was still freezing.

Asteria shivered under the blankets, pulling them to her chin but she was still cold. She pulled her knees up to her chest and tired to sleep again but she couldn't and gave up.

After letting out a frustrated huff, she threw the covers off her and snuck down to the couches downstairs, the blankets in her arms.

She flicked her wand at the fireplace, the logs immediately bursting into orange flames.

Suddenly, she jumepd when a door creaked open. She looked up to see James who has just woken up, his hair even messier the normal.

He sat down beside on the couch. Asteria rested her hand on the seat beside her. James slowly placed his hand on top of it before picking her hand up and interlocking fingers with her but she pulled her hand away.

"I'm sorry James but this can't keep going. Nothing good can come out of this." Asteria sighed. "Who said this needed to be a serious thing?" He asked.

"But if we are caught, I'm the one who is disowned with no where to go." The Hufflepuff replied sharply. "But-"

"Just go back to bed Potter." James got up and went back to his dorm, leaving Asteria who let out a deep sigh.

She watched the Gryffindor boy walks back up the stairs and into his dorm, leaving her to fall asleep on the crimson couch.