~61~

It was now Valentine's Day and to celebrate, the tables in the great hall were filled with pink sweets and chocolates

Asteria sat on the Hufflepuff table eating a cake covered in pink frosting, trying to ignore the love in the air with food.

The Hufflepuff glanced up at the red table when she heard James' voice. "Since love is in the air today, Evans will you go out with me?" He asked loudly, standing on the bench.

"What? No!" Lily exclaimed loudly with wide eyes and a face of disgust. Sirius started to laugh as James sat down whilst Asteria stared at him before finishing the cake and leaving the hall.

-☘︎︎-

James whistled as he walked through the portrait into the Gryffindor common room. He paused when he saw Dorcas and Asteria dyeing Marlene's hair red whilst girls just wanna have fun played loudly.

"You want to go next Potter?" Dorcas asked with a smirk which made him shake his head before sitting down on the couch and watching.

"Got any valentines then?" James asked, shouting over the music. "Yeah, I got a card." Asteria replied. "From who? Do you know?" He suddenly asked, sitting up in the chair.

"I'm kidding. I'm only joking." Asteria replied which made him sigh. "So you lied?" He asked with furrowed eyebrows. "Just wanted to see what you would say." She said with a smirk, but the other girls didn't hear her.

-☘︎︎-

That night, in the Gryffindor common room, Sirius was sat in the floor retouching the marauders map. Earlier, Peter had split some juice on the map which he needed to fix.

In the dormitory, the other boys sat on their beds. Remus leaned on the head board of his bed, flicking through a book. "This is the first time Lily has rejected you haven't complained about it for hours." Remus pointed out.

"What are you on about?" He asked as he sat up. "I'm absolutely heartbroken." James added but he didn't convince Remus.

"I've noticed the looks you give Asteria when she is around." The chestnut haired boy told him. Peter suddenly jumped up. "You can't like Asteria! She's the only other friend I have! You can't take her from me!" He exclaimed.

"She's not an object to own, Pete." James replied sharply which made them all go silent. The door then opened and Sirius walked back in with the newly fixed map.