Chapter 7 - Gossip spot and the fight

It's been a week since the tryouts and when Avery hung out with Sirius and Remus and today Avery had no plans, since she decided that the boys should have have some time to their selves.

Marlene, she would've hung out with Lily but she cut Lily off, so she, herself had no plans whatsoever.

*-*-*-*

As Avery was walking down a corridor she saw a familiar blonde she hasn't talked to in a while.

"Marlene! Wait! Marlene," Avery exclaimed as she jogged towards the said blonde.

"Avery? Hey," Marlene said when Avery caught up with her.

"How are you?" The platinum blonde one of the two asks.

"I'm okay, how 'bout you?" Marlene asks.

"Oh, I'm good. Do you have any plans for today?" the other girl asks.

"No, do you? If you don't, do you want to hangout?" The blonde asks.

"No, I have no plans, and I'd love to hangout," Avery says excitedly.

"Okay, let's go to our gossip spot," Marlene says referring to the tree the two girls met at.

*Flashback*

Avery saw a, what looked like, tall, blonde girl sitting alone at a tree and decided to approach her.

As Avery sat down, the blonde looked over at her confused on why she sat next to her since most girls thought she was 'too aggressive'.

"I'm Avery," Avery introduced.

"Marlene,"

"Why are you alone?" the platinum blonde asks.

"Well, most girls don't want to hang out with me because I'm bloody 'aggressive'," Marlene grumbled.

"Well, that's what makes you, you, Marlene. Whether you be too soft, too mean, too sarcastic, or even too selfish, it's what makes you, you," the blue eyed girl said, making Marlene look up at her as she continued, "Yes, you will change over the years, but there will always be that one trait sticking to you... So if those girls think that you're 'too aggressive' then so what? It's their loss, I can already tell that you're a great person no matter what,"

Marlene smiled at the girl, "What year are you in? You look like a first year, but you look so familiar,"

"Oh, yeah, we were partners in potions last year, I'm second year," the Hufflepuff said as they smiled at each other, "Let's think of a name to call this spot, for us, so we're going to think of a name then say it at the same time, okay,"

"Okay,"

"Ready,"

"Yeah,"

"3...2..1,"

"Gossip spot,"

"Gossip spot,"

They say at the same time as they laugh.

"Hm, well I can tell we will get along quite well," the Gryffindor smiled.

"Yes we will,"

*end of flashback*

As the girls were talking while sitting against the tree a red-head walked up to them fuming.

"What are you doing, Avery? Stealing my friends now? Stealing Potter? Remus? He doesn't talk to me that much anymore, only when we're partners in class." Lily exclaims madly.