32.) I'm Not A Predator

Cal

"There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds

"There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds."

-Laurell K. Hamilton, Mistral's Kiss (Merry Gentry)

"Tris." I panted out as I stopped running and stood by the door of the roof.

"Please leave me alone." She said her voice breaking in the end and I slowly walked up to her. "You don't know what it feels like to have a secret like this out to everyone." She added turning to look at me and I stopped in my tracks. "No, I don't know." I said then walked up to her as she crossed her arms.

"I am so sorry I made you go up there." I apologized as she turned to look out to the city and I stood next to her. "I should have come up with a different idea...I truly am sorry for making you go up there and I am sorry the trauma I have caused you." I added, she turned to look at me and grabbed my hand tightly. "I am so...So sorry I did that to you."

"I just wanted to tell you, at the right time." She said barely above a whisper. "That you make me feel such security and that every time you walked into a room, my heart would be pounding." She began to confess to me which my heart start racing and she stood to fully face me.

"Calypso, I am in lo-"

Suddenly a rope gets put around my neck and I am pulled back to the floor. A gasp escaped my lips and I land harshly on the ground, then a group of Dauntless began to descend onto Candor's building like birds.

"Cal!" Tris called then she gets tackled down right next to me. She turned her head to look at me with worried eyes and my hand reached for hers, but I am then picked up and thrown over someone's shoulder. "Let me go!" I choked out and the person chuckled. I knew that laugh. "You should really learn to look behind you from time to time." Eric said as I hit his back and then I elbowed his head, he groaned dropping me and I kneed his stomach. I run towards Tris as the man picked her up and a loud gunshot goes off. I fall to the ground on my side and felt the wind get knocked out of me.

"Cal!" Tris screamed.

I groaned and rolled to my back then I felt two small round things on my neck, my eyesight begins to blur then Eric towered over me.

"Hurts doesn't it?" He asked as his voice became even deeper. "This new serum...Your mother she made it specially for you. She really knows you too well." He added and he picked me up from the floor as if I was a child. "You shouldn't have never fought against me." He said as I hear more people screaming while Dauntless attacked innocent civilians. "You...You were going to force me to have..." I trailed off as I felt my speech slur like a drunk and he chuckled shaking his head.