Chapter 14

My eyes instinctively closed when I felt his lips pressed against mine.

I was shocked, surprised and also a bit happy.

I was kissing Usui Takumi.

The kiss lasted for a while then we broke it off to gasp for breath. When I looked at him he was already grinning happily. I on the other hand was so flustered that I had to look away because I didn't want him to see my flushed cheeks. We both were still sitting on my bed, his hand was wrapped around my waist and mine was on his neck. He used his free hand to tilt my head to face him once more. When our eyes met, I saw his cheeks tainted in cherry red also.

Just looking at him in the face after that made me blush. Being this close to him really made his facial features more visible. His green eyes glimmered slightly as he looked deep into my eyes. His jawline and his collarbone were well defined and his hair was swaying a bit as the faint breeze blew in from the window. His gaze was gentle and also observed every part of me.

I grabbed him by his shirt's collar and pulled him closer to me. I enjoyed the feeling of his lips on mine and I craved for more. I let my lips brush against his, teasing him and I could feel the smirk he had plastered on his face against my skin. As I was about to finally satisfy him with a kiss I heard a knock on my door.

"Fuck" I mumbled under my breath and stopped myself from kissing him.

"Natsu? Are you in? There's something I have to tell you." My mom's voice echoed through the door. I got off the bed and looked at Usui who was just laying there, sulking.

"You gotta go", I whispered to him and pulled him off the the bed. He looked at me and pouted. "Why? I'm sure your mom won't care—" I cut him off by covering his mouth with my hand. "Shhhhh, she'll hear you", I said in a hushed tone while trying to push him towards the window but he wouldn't budge.

"I'm not leaving", he said while sticking his tongue out mischievously. I looked at him and rolled my eyes. I was panicking on the inside because it was my first kiss and I also didn't want my mom to kill me.

I looked around my room and my eyes lit up when I saw my closet.

"Natsuki?" My mom called out again. "In a sec!" I exclaimed while pulling Usui towards the closet. He looked at me and aggressively shook his head, disagreeing with my plan. I shoved him in and before I closed the door I looked at him and chuckled, finding the situation a bit funny but he clearly didn't.

"Keep quiet, please." I ordered then completely closed the door, locking him in the dark.

I then made my way towards the door and unlocked it to see what my mom wanted.

"What took you so long?" She asked while allowing herself in. I looked at her but didn't respond.

"What is it you want to talk to me about?" I questioned as I took a seat next to her on my bed. The same spot where Usui and I made out.

"I've got good news! His treatment begins next week! We have enough money to pay for it. Natsuki..." Her voice trailed off. She couldn't finish her sentence but instead pulled me into a warm hug. I wrapped my arms around her and silently rejoiced due to how happy I was.

After we both pulled away from the hug I watched as she got up from the bed. "Thank you so much for helping us...your dad would be so proud of you and I am too. We couldn't have done this without you." She said then hugged me again.

Before she walked out through the door she halted.

"Usui you can come out now." She said with a chuckle with her back facing me then left my room.

How did she know?! I stood still, frozen, taken aback by how she acted.

Was she okay with it?

I came plunging out of the closet, falling face forward on the floor. I bursted out into laughter and watched as he got up and brushed himself off. "Not funny" he said sarcastically then started inching towards you.

I kept a steady gaze on him, observing his every move.

"Don't look at me like that." He said out of nowhere.

"Like what?"

"You know what I mean," I could see his cheeks turning into a light shade of red.

He kept inching closer to me and I kept moving back. When his face reached mine, I could smell the sent of vanilla radiating from him.

"Natsuki one more thing—" my mom suddenly opened the door, scaring us both. I facepalmed, embarrassed of the situation I was in. She chuckled silently and turned around to walk away. "I'll come back later." And with that she left us once again.

"I'll go— it could be something important so I don't wanna intrude." Usui stated while rubbing the back of his head.

After he left I went downstairs to meet my mom who was in the living room. She had paperwork scattered around her while she was deep in thought. "Mom? What's wrong?" I announced my presence as I made my way towards her.

She looked at me with an unreadable expression. "Our place back in Kyoto..." she began, sounding indecisive.

...

After hearing what she had to say made me drown in thoughts. Will we leave? Why? Why do we have to move? I—

I played with the string hanging from sleeve, thinking about her question deeply.

"Seeing how the hospital is in Kyoto don't you think it's a good idea if we move back?" She asked, awaiting for an answer from me but all I could do was stare blankly at the wall. Move back? Is that really necessary?

"He'll be closer to the hospital.." she continued. "At least then you won't have to work so much." I know she was looking out for me but I was completely fine the way we were right now. I don't mind having to work...at least I'm getting to see him.

"It's your decision. I'm letting you decide. Whichever you choose, we'll be fine with it."

A/n
Yep, chapter 15 is the last. This was probably boring lol idk I might take it down— anywhO
First kiss😏