2. amber eyes

I opened my eyes to see the ceiling staring back at me. It wasn't my own, but the Mikaelsons'.

What the fuck?

I still don't understand how I got here and why they would show me hospitality. Before I could fully rest with my thoughts I went on my phone and scrolled through Pinterest. I have an addiction to it -- especially either marvel memes or headcanons, or ball gowns that I so desperately want.

I had to move from my position as I started to feel uncomfortable and I went sideways on my left leg. I was surprised to feel something in my pocket. I reached down and found my AirPods.

The fuck? These weren't there before.

I decided to open them and put them in my ears and blasted my playlist. One of my favourite songs to play in the morning came on and I got out of bed and went over to the mirror in the corner of the room. I started smiling and dancing in front of my reflection, it just makes me purely happy. The song I was playing was American Idiot -- ironic since I was now in America.

I looked down at my phone for a brief moment to see it was 7:13 in the morning, not early and not late. Fantastic. I had time to fully wake up a.k.a I had time to muck around dancing before anyone caught me.

I continued my bouncing around for what felt like ages as many happy songs went by, all until I heard a cough. I stopped suddenly and turned to see Kol at my door. He was smirking at me.

"I didn't know you could dance, darling," he took three long strides and he was suddenly in front of me, "Maybe you could show me this dancing and I could show you my own."

My cheeks grew warmer and warmer by the second. Screw his goddamn accent, it's too good! He chuckled at my reaction to his words and opened his hand out to me.

"Breakfast is ready, darling. Though, I have a feeling you didn't hear when it was called." I blushed even worse somehow -- I bet I look like a tomato right now. I took his hand and he led me out the door and down the stairs to the dining room. I saw some people setting the table quickly and I rushed over to them to help them be done as fast as possible. They seemed surprised that I came over here to help. I offered them a small smile and helped them put out the plates of food. It was pancakes. Yum!

"Love, you don't need to help them set the table. It's fine." I turned to see Klaus looking at me with interest in his eyes. I turned back to the people setting up to see that they had disappeared, so I sat in the chair in front of me -- it was next to both Rebekah and Kol, holy fuck was I lucky.

"Mornin'," I said to the Mikaelsons around me.

'Good morning' s were spoken and the one 'Morning' came in response. Their eyes were glued to me and I awkwardly moved in my seat. Rebekah turned her head to me and stated:

"Are you going to grab anything first, or shall I?"

I was knocked out of my awkward state to grab one pancake for myself and one for Rebekah. She seemed surprised at my actions but spoke 'thanks' to me nonetheless. We both reached for the maple syrup but I passed it to her instead because I saw the most holy thing ever. Ice cream for fucking breakfast. Goddammit, yes. I reached for the vanilla ice cream that sat on the table and put a small scoop of it on my pancake. I was bubbling with excitement -- I never get these sorts of things for breakfast.

"Thank you so so so so so much for this. Shit. Thank you!" I was a smiling mess but before I was about to start eating my food I thought I should wait until everyone had their plates full with food.

"Darling, you don't have to wait for us. Go ahead and eat." Kol told me, but I still waited - I didn't want to be rude. Once everyone had collected their food I dug into my pancake, but not in a disgusting manner. I hope. The food was very sweet compared to the food we have at home and then I realized I was in America, most foods are sweeter here.