ฅ Chapter 1 ฅ

George POV

4:23am.

My phone's brightness blinds me as it lights up the previously dark room. It's been almost 3 hours since I ended the call with Dream, claiming I was going to bed for an "early night". Funny.

My mind has been racing, keeping me from dozing off into the much-wanted land of dreams. Dreams. Dream. Fuck.

Exactly 5 hours and 36 minutes ago, I got a notification that Sapnap was streaming, and to no surprise, was also in a call with Dream. Without thinking I pressed the 'join call' button to see what they were up to.

"Dreeeeeeeeeeeam"

"Geoooooooooorgeeeeee" he chimes in.

"Sapnaaapppppp"

We all go silent for a second before laughter erupts in the call.

"You just had to include yourself, didn't you?" Dream manages in between wheezes.

"It's not my fault I always get stuck as the third-wheel, even in my own goddamn stream!"

I feel my face flush lightly as I process what he's implying, trying to change the subject.

"So what are you guys doing?" I manage.

"Well we were about to invite you to play basketball but you joined before I had the chance" Sapnap responds.

We start to get into some light chatter as we finally start a game with Callahan. Everything was going normally, nothing to worry about, until the stream ends and I'm suddenly left in a call alone with Dream.

It's silent for the first few seconds after Sapnap leaves, but it honestly feels like hours. Until Dream is the first to speak up.

"So... George"

I have the sudden urge to slam my head down onto my desk. But I know he'll hear so I decide to go with a verbal response instead.

"Yes, Dream?"

"How would you feel about coming to Florida next week?"

I freeze up. Not again. Dream has been pestering me for months about this ever since Sapnap moved in with him.

Now if my situation were normal, I would totally be way more excited to visit. Except it's not. Because I may or may not have forgotten to mention that I am quite literally and physically part-cat. Ears, tail, the whole thing.

"George?"

Shit. Did I zone out again? I usually do this when I'm tired, which to no surprise, is almost always.

"If not that's totally fine, I just-" he trails off for a second, "I just really want to meet you"

My cheeks heat up as I feel a light rumble threatening to escape from the back of my chest. Of course I start purring now. Smacking my chest as I cough violently to try to cover any escaped noise.

"George? Are you okay?"

Clearing my throat I try to manage some sort of response.

"Yeah, I just-" Smacking my chest one more time I cough out, "I just choked on air, that's all"

The sound of a wheeze fills my headphones as I start to relax from my totally not fake coughing fit. After a few minutes he starts to settle down from his laughing high and unfortunately continues his discussion.

"I already spoke to Sapnap about you taking the guest room. Obviously you don't have to move in just yet but I think it would be great if you visited to get a feel of the place"

My chest feels heavy as guilt starts to creep up from my stomach.

"Dream we already talked about this-" he cuts me off,

"I know! I know! You said you didn't want to move away from your family but can't you at least give it a chance?"

I furrow my brows as I feel my ears flatten on the top of my head. As much as I would love to meet my two best friends in real life, my certain situation is stopping me from that. What would happen if they were to find out what I am? I just know they would be absolutely disgusted if not mad. I'm a freak of nature that wasn't meant to be. A mishap.

"Please" I hear him beg once again through the headset. "I already bought the ticket..."

"Why would you buy the plane ticket already!?" I complain as I cover my face with my hands, or should I say sweater-paws due to how big Dream's hoodie is on me.

"Because I was hoping you'd come" I grumble at his response. I need to get out of here before I do something I'll regret.

"What makes you so sure my answer would change after saying no the last time?"

"Because I love you" If my face wasn't red before, it certainly is now. Thank gosh I don't use a camera.

A long sigh leaves my mouth as I hear Dream get silent.

"What's the exact date and time of the flight?" If I could see him now, I'm certain he'd have a giddy smile on his face as he giggles like a little girl.

"Wednesday at 11am your time"

I sigh again as I finally uncover my face, squinting at the brightness of my monitor. That gives me about 4 days to figure out what I'm gonna do.

"Guess I should start figuring out what to pack" I say as my tail swishes behind me in annoyance. I'm gonna regret this, aren't I?

(Word Count: 878)