13

After the Fire Temple, the ninja were thinking over a lot of things that had recently happened.

One: Kai unlocked his true potential.

Two: Lloyd was revealed to be the legendary Green Ninja

And finally, Anirei was a ninja herself. The Silver Ninja of Balance.

They didn't understand exactly what her power was, but it was connected to their own elemental powers, to which they still felt guilty because of that little fact. Because they were not able to unlock their true potential, she had to suffer with a weak body and repeated fevers. 

Kai felt especially guilty, since it was his pride and desire to prove himself to the group as a strong enough ninja that caused him to not unlock his true potential quick enough. And since that happened, Anirei was in the worst condition that they had ever seen her.

Now that they all had unlocked their true potential, Anirei shouldn't be getting too sick anymore, but now that she's been revealed as the Silver Ninja of Balance, they were all scared for her and Lloyd. They were both important ninja now, the Green Ninja and his protector, the Silver ninja. But they were both still just kids.

~~~~

Anirei sat in her room, staring at the pendant in her hand and sighing. She had finally revealed a part of who she was truly was, but there was still so much she needed to explain. It just wasn't the right time for the whole truth. Soon, but not quite yet.

"I believe you have done well keeping the whole truth from them, child."

"Yes, it would be far too much stress for this critical time."

"I know... I want to tell them everything, but it is far too stressful already." Anirei answered, "With Pythor one slither closer to releasing the Great Devourer, the ninja need to focus on preventing that chaos."

"I don't know, I like a little bit of chaos.." The voice said, chuckling.

Anirei sighed, "I understand your love for chaos, but we cannot allow that to happen. Besides shouldn't you two be keeping each other balanced?"

"I apologize, little one. The rising darkness from the four silver Fangblades being retrieved throughout Ninjago is causing a slight imbalance between us."

Once again, Anirei sighed, having felt the imbalance within Ninjago since the first Fangblade was found. It didn't hurt as much as it did before the Ninja unlocked their true potential, but it was slightly uncomfortable.

"We must help the ninja in any way possible without revealing the truth." She said, "However, with Pythor calling me by that name, it is only a matter of time before they begin to ask even more questions."

"Yes, but they have not grown suspicious about the title you were given."

"They seem to respect your privacy, child. I do not believe there is a reason to worry at the time."

Anirei nodded, "You two are right. There is no need to worry more than I should. We must be too hasty in catching events that have yet to happen."

"Rei?" Lloyd's voice called from the door to their shared room, breaking her from her conversation with the voices. Anirei looked up and smiled at him, though the boy seemed to be more worried than happy.

"Hi, Lloyd. Is everyone ready for the meeting?" She asked, slipping her pendant back around her neck.

"Yeah, they're just waiting for us." Lloyd said. Anirei nodded and jumped off of her bed, leading the way to the bridge where everyone else was waiting. The ninja had confronted a Venomari earlier that evening, interrogating him about where Pythor was searching for the final Fangblade, and to catch him would not be an easy task.