30

Loki's POV

She's allowing me to read all about what she is, there has to be a catch. There's no way she's not hoping to get something out of this.

I flip to the index, hoping to find something on weaknesses. There's a chapter on it titled, How to harm or kill Fearlings. Flipping to that chapter I begin reading as much as I can before she gets back.

"Slicing open the stomach will cause long term pain and can slow a Fearling down for up to two months. This will not kill them and should only be used to evade if necessary. Warning! If not done correctly this will not be effective, the stomach lining needs to be cut in order to have the desired effect," I read aloud softly. Didn't I stab her in the stomach? No wait I probably missed the stomach completely with that stab it was angled wrong, plus I'm sure such a spot would be almost impossible to cut into because of how much it effects them.

The next sentence catches my eye.

'To permanently kill a Fearling' wait, permanently? There's a way to temporarily kill a Fearling? I shake my head getting back on track 'you must pierce their heart with a dull object, this can be incredibly difficult as the heart is located in an area that makes reaching from anywhere but through the spine almost impossible.' So a stab to the back. Interesting, that doesn't seem to difficult. 'The spine is incredibly strong because of this and it may take multiple blows to actually get past it. This makes killing a Fearling very difficult.'

I sigh rolling my eyes at the paper in front of me. Of course, there's always a catch. I scan the rest of the paragraph hoping for tips or tricks. Nothing. Apparently it's hit or miss. A large warning is written on the bottom of the page.

"As stated in the abilities chapter in this book, the scream of a Fearling is dangerous. If you are to attempt to attack and kill a Fearling do not let then scream. There is no saving you once they scream," I mumble eyes widening at the words in front of me. What happens when they scream?! I'm about to look for the chapter on abilities when the door starts to open. I flip to a random spot in the book looking up to see Raven with a mug in one hand and a glass in the other.

"I bring tea," she says calmly smiling when she walks closer holding out the mug to me. She glances down at the book in my lap and her smile curves into a smirk.

"Thanks," I say eying her up and down.

"Enjoying the book?" She asks turning away and taking a sip of her drink.

"Yes, it's very informative," I say shrugging "I'm finding the information very useful."

She chokes on her drink at my words eyes wide. I jump caught off guard by her actions half concerned as she coughs lightly looking back over at me. She searches my face for a moment before bursting into laughter.

"You have no idea what page you flipped to!" She laughs holding her chest dramatically. I look down at the book searching for the chapter name and to my horror I'm in the chapter about breeding she had warned me about.

"Ah, I can explain," I say trying to think up a believable lie.

"Oh, Loki. If you wanted to know how to please me you could have just asked," she says her smile displaying sharp K-9s as she walks towards me slowly "I would have gladly given you a class."

I scramble back away from her dropping the book and my tea in alarm. Her wings flare slightly behind her and she lets out a light chuckle.

"I'm joking," she says as if this was in all good humor "I heard you flip to a random page when I opened the door. Clearly you were reading something you thought you shouldn't. I thought I'd mess with you a bit. You know since you decided to try to purposely make me uncomfortable this morning by laying all over my bed."

"You knew I was trying to make you uncomfortable?" I blurt out shocked that she could figure out my plan so easily.

"Loki, I can tell when someone is trying to get on someone's nerves. I'm not stupid," she says rolling her eyes feathers flaring before flattening.

"You seem to enjoy making me uncomfortable, I just thought you deserved a taste of your own medicine," I say sliding off of the bed and straightening my cloths.

"You think I enjoy making you uncomfortable?" Raven asks sounding as if the thought physically pains her.

"Of course you do," I scuff "why else would you come up with this incredibly absurd deal?" Her eyes narrow at my claim wings looking sharp as they slightly flare.

"Phobia came up with the deal all by herself. Not because she likes to make you uncomfortable, but because for some reason she seems to really like you," Raven says tone dark "you agreed to the terms of the deal. It wasn't forced upon you. Now if you'd like to break off the deal I'd be happy to let you, but you will have to understand that if you break our deal Phobia will not leave you alone. Even if I do not interact with you she can and will still try to gain your attention."

I swallow thickly trying to ignore the look that her reflection, Phobia, is giving me as I stand there. Phobia looks upset, but also pleading. She tries to say something, weather it's to me or Raven I don't know. Raven sighs her posture changing as she closes her eyes.

"Look, I understand this is uncomfortable. It's going to be awkward for a while. We have three months of this if your still wanting to go through with this," she says in an airy manner "that also means you can continue to make it hard for yourself or you can try and make the most out of the three months. It's up to you Loki. I'm not going to force anything on you."

————————————————
Hello!
Sorry for such a late update. I've been trying to write this chapter for a while but couldn't seem to finish it. I hope your all enjoying the story.
Thank you all for reading all your comments make my day.

~Trinity