Chapter 2

It was a new day, no one went to wake Charlotte up, as expected. She wasn't loved.

At least I'll have my privacy. I don't need any maid to dress me up.

Charlotte sits down as she sews her old worn out clothes with some fabric she collected earlier. She was truly a talented being, as expected of the Goddess Estella. She sews a very modest dress, a dress that could be wore outside without it looking like a commoner's dress yet wasn't as fancy either like what nobles would wear.

Charlotte proceeds to wash herself and dresses up so she could take a stroll in the garden. The garden was quite the sight. As she walked through the path, tree leaves fell down gracefully. Like a scene in a movie. Some maids working in the garden saw her and gasped as they thought they had seen an angel. They never realised how beautiful Charlotte was since she was always covered with black and blue.

She gazed at the flowers while picking some to make a flower crown.

These flowers are really pretty, unlike this filthy idiotic household. I'm glad I sent the old Charlotte to a better one.

Her mother saw her in the garden picking flowers, she hurriedly ran out whilst shouting Charlotte's name.

"Charlotte!"

"Hello, mother. What brings you here"

"Who said you could pick these flowers? Only Emilia can."

What the actual fuck?

"Excuse me mother, but why is only Emilia allowed? What's the difference between me and her anyway?"

"You ungrateful brat. Just shut up, Emilia is better than you in every way, she's joyous and fun unlike you."

Well she doesn't seem so fun, more like a genuine spoiled brat. Plus the majority of maids don't like her anyway.

"Hm, mother. I wonder why I'm not as fun and joyous as her? Ah, I know now. It's because you fools didn't raise me correctly like parents are supposed to. I don't understand why you don't like me that much but if you really can't stand me why bother even talk to me? Isn't that bringing yourself trouble? You're running into a hole you created."

I walk away and glanced at her with a death stare.

She of course was frightened like everyone else, yet she still yelled the name, "Charlotte" over and over again. It was good that she didn't chase after her though, otherwise there would be some problems.

This family's really frustrating, I don't know how much patience I have left till I flip this place upside-down.

Charlotte found a hole in the wall and climbed out, finally some time away the mansion. It was a living hell in there. Charlotte quickly went back in and took some money to go out then returned outside.

Charlotte sneakily found her way to the capital. It was so lively and amazing, she glanced at some food stalls and her mouth started drooling, she bought some kebabs and then went to a tailor shop to get better clothing for herself as she had many unwearable clothing at the mansion.

She entered the tailor's shop gracefully and got rid of the left over kebab sticks with her divine power. She bought some banquet worthy clothing and modest outfits for outings. She also requested a custom horse riding outfit just in case. She then went over to the men's section.

Woah, actual pants and suits. If only I was a man I'd be able to wear this unlike those heavy fluffy skirts. It'd be really comfortable, well beats me. I'm gonna get them anyway.

"Could I also have these? keep them in the same bag."

"Ah, are you buying them for your lover?"

Lover? Like I'll ever have one, pft.

"Ah, yeah. It doesn't have to be separately packaged though. I'll deal with it." She lied swiftly.

After the tailor packages up the order.

"Here you go, come again! Bring your lover here next time as well"

She waved with a smile.

Charlotte then went home and started getting lost in her thoughts.

A lover huh? I've spent most of my years single, in fact I've never dated anybody even in the world of the gods. It's not like I needed one anyways. I've never cared about having a companion.

Estella, never cared about having a lover since she has seen many soul's hearts break because of a certain somebody. Her heart ached for them so she swore to herself that she wouldn't date an unfaithful person. Losing her thoughts, the skies have darken and Charlotte dozed off.

Days went by and she continued to go in and out of the building unnoticed. Some of the maids grew suspicious of her since they never found her anywhere but they didn't care nonetheless.

Suddenly, a day where her father called all the children to the main room to discuss about something.

"Children, your coming-of-age ceremony is around the corner. We have received and invitation to the royal palace that holds the ceremony. Now that you all are about to become real adults, I hope you three can be as successful as I."

The coming-of-age ceremony, male's adult reaching age is 18-21, and female's are 14-17. You will only 4 chances, each a year to reach high society. Charlotte didn't go last year as she was locked in the room when the ceremony was held. This year, Asher was 18, Emilia was 14 and Charlotte was 16. Their father finally allowed them all to attend.

As Asher and Emilia went out with their mother to find outfits, Charlotte was locked up in her room not being able to buy anything. It was okay though as she had many secret outfits she bought for herself.

She then wore a dark red lace dress with a cardigan covering her shoulders. She wore red butterfly accessories and ruby red earrings. She then applied some natural makeup as she was already stunning. She turned to the mirror and found herself a beautiful woman. It was herself obviously. She was an absolute beauty, nobody could compare, she was seriously gonna be the most beautiful woman at the ceremony. Father, mother and the other children had already left for the ceremony since they didn't want to sit next to the "worthless" child.

As she went out from her room, and walked along the halls. All the maids stared at her with their mouths hanging open, thinking they have just witnessed an angel fall from heaven. Charlotte got onto another carriage and got to the royal palace. She didn't arrive with the duke and duchess.

So this is the royal palace, Its twice the size of our duke mansion.