chapter seven- Lost in the city

(Lana pov)
I ran up to the others who were gathered around the social services centre. "Hows colin?" I asked jen. "Hes alright" Morrison answered. I sighed relieved but deep inside I cared more about y/n than this new guy. "We need go split up, look for y/n" I commanded. My friends had questions, but I had little time to answer them so I said. "Find her and then I'll get to that! And dont stop until we do!" I yelled.

We split up and ran through the streets, jen and Robert went with me. "This is going to be impossible, this city is huge, she could be anywhere" robert said. I knew he was right but I didn't want to believe it. "Y/n!" I called. There was no answer. Jennifer did the same, yet the same response came each time. Nothing.

(No ones pov)
Y/n sprinted down the street in an unknown dark alleyway. Blood dripped from her knees caused by the multiple times she fell over. She reached a dead end at a large crooked wall and turned around. Three teenage boys walked up to her in the dark and laughed. "Look who we have here?" The tallest one said, him obviously being the leader.

"Wheres your mother little girl?" Another boy asked as they walked closer and closer. She stuttered in her speech, her hands trembling. There was no way to escape. "Shes dead" the child said. The boys laughed and laughed, which made her angry. "And it was all my fault" she then mumbled tears dropping from her eyes.

"Back of!" Came a man's voice from behind them. He held a phone in his hand. "Or I call the cops" he yelled again. The teens ran for the lives, and the man slowly walked towards y/n. He was a regular height, with light brown hair and a few freckles around  his rosey cheeks. "What's your name love?" He asked her. She moved backwards and away from him scared.

"I'm Sean, Sean Maguire. I work in the restaurant just over there" he said with a smile. Y/n wasn't sure weather to trust him. "Are you hungry, thirsty?" He asked her. She nodded before taking his hand. Sean led her back through the darkness and into the restaurant and sat her down at a table at the far back.

Not long later she was stuffing her face with a big warm cheeseburger and drinking orange juice with a straw. "I recognise you?" He said. The child kept her head down and said nothing. "Your hannah from once upon a time, I watched the episode stream yesterday" he exclaimed whilst clicking his fingers together.

"I should call the police" Sean suggested. Y/n shook her head and continued eating. "I can't let you leave unless I know your ok, is there anyone i can call that you trust?" I asked her. She nodded and took my phone from my hand, then immediately began pressing numbers into it. I picked up the phone and began talking to this mystery person.

(Lana pov)
As we walked around my phone started to ring, I ignored it once, then twice. But at the third ring I placed it to my ear. "Who is this?" I asked. A man's voice came through. "Hi, my names sean. I believe I've found a child who might belong to you?" He said. I began laughing with relief "Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou" I screamed. Robert and jen stared at me hopeful.

(Sean pov)
A Lady who I instantly recognised ran inside, followed by many others. But only lana came up to the child and me. "Y/n" she said smiling. Y/n ran into her arms and cried. "I made a mistake" the girl said. "I do want you to be my mummy" she whispered. There was a moment of joy and lana fell into tears of happiness. She then turned to me and mouthed the words thankyou.

(Lana pov)
"What changed your mind?" I asked the girl. She shrugged her shoulders but i could tell she was bluffing. "I guess I realised that you cant just run away from your problems, because there's bad people out there. And your not one of them" she giggled. "Well I glad I'm not" I said hugging the girl again.

We walked back the children's centre and had the same conversation. But this time both me and y/n sat in the room with mira. "Y/n would you like this woman to be your foster mother?" Mira asked. Y/n nodded immediately. Then she turned to me. "Lana, would you like y/n to be your foster child?" She asked me. I hesitated slightly. "Yes. I do" I answered.

"Then you can pick her up on Friday, due to how things go here she cant come with you until you've prepared a room for her at yours. I also suggest your go to the adoption group every Monday. It's a place where new parents can discuss things and you can learn more about how to care for a child, like a support group" mira said. I nodded. Maybe a support group wouldn't be that bad.

After the chat I left the centre, and I left y/n. She waved goodbye from the distance. Me and jen waved goodbye back before getting into our car. "This is going to be one exciting year" I said. Jen nodded slowly and pulled me into a hug. "Your crazy you know that right" she said. "But more importantly  who was that hot guy in the restaurant" I laughed. "Now hes a guy I would love to see on set, it's a shame hes just a waiter" I sighed.

Slowly we began driving down the streets of Manhattan, until I got a call from adam and Edward. "Hey lana, you need to get to the hospital now. Things arent looking so good"