51. Taste of her lips.

⚠️ This chapter contains smut, and if you're younger than the age of 15..... Blah, blah.... Don't read... Blah blah. You know the drill. ⚠️ 

Dove's pov

Dove's pov

Elliot steps on the brakes, subjugating the car to move at an overwhelming speed of 80mph- way above the speed limit.  

After Aaron's call, I had enlisted Elliott's help in driving to the location while Ashley decided to stay in the hospital with Zyair. At first, Elliot was a bit reluctant to drive me.  However, at the sound of Aaron's name, he grabbed his keys and bolted out the door before I could say anything else.

Amidst the Chaos of Zyair's accident, I had forgotten to tell Elliot and Ashley about Aaron's stay with Gray. I didn't keep the information away on purpose. It just didn't come up.

Elliot steps on the brakes harder, prompting my head to jerk forward, almost hitting the dashboard. 

"Okay, take it down a notch. We are not trying to get arrested before we get there," I snap, turning my head away from the window I had been staring at since we started the journey.

Elliot ignores my words, training his eyes on the road ahead. I tilt my head to stare him in the face to ensure he got my message. Only when I got a good look at his face did I realize he had been crying.

"Elliot?" I call out, my voice a bit softer.

He sniffs and wipes his nose with the back of his hand. He grips the steering wheel harder until his knuckles turn pale while.

"Stop the car."

No response.

"Elliot," I yell.

My voice must have interrupted his thoughts because the car comes to a sudden halt, throwing everything off balance. I had my seatbelt on, but that didn't stop my head from crashing into the window.

I massage the throbbing pain in my temple with my fingers before proceeding to ignore it.

"Are you okay?" Elliot's eyes examine me.

"I'm fine, " I reply earnestly. "Are you?"

He lets out a low shaky breath. "Yes. Yes. I'm good. I'll drive slower now."

He starts the car again, but I place my hands on him when he reaches for the car brake.

"I'm sorry for not telling you about Aaron. And believe me, I want to get there as fast as you can, but not if you're going to drive like this."

Elliot raises his eyes to mine, a soft expression on his face. He nods his head.

The car is restarted, and this time, he drives slower than before.

It takes us a few more minutes to get to the location, but I wasn't complaining. As they say, slow and steady wins the race.

The house wasn't hard to miss. Not because of its architecture or anything like that, but because of the amount of Police and SWAT cars surrounding it.