10,000 Hours

I'd spend ten thousand hours and ten thousand more

Oh, if that's what it takes to learn that sweet heart of yours

An AU. A little something because I'm sick today and I got some time.

*****

"So...how is it?" she asked sheepishly, carefully watching his reaction as he slowly chewed and swallowed the food.

Then there was it - that small twitch in his brow and the clenching of his jaw, and the most obvious movement of his throat which is indicative of him forcing the food down his stomach.

She sighed loudly, shaking her head as she took the spoon from his hand and pulled away the tray from his lap. She was about to stand from his bed, when he held on to her wrist, unable to speak at first because of the food in his mouth.

"I bibn't shay amyfing!" Sean exclaimed, his cheeks still storing some food, and hurriedly swallowed to speak properly. "It's good! I swear, Kayc!" Kaycee rolled her eyes and pulled her arm away, promptly exiting his room. "C'mon, Kayc. I'm gonna finish your food. It's not that bad -"

"Not that bad?" she shouted from the kitchen incredulously.

Sean groaned, not wanting to yell because his throat was burning. He could feel his body protesting as he tried to get out of bed. "I can tolerate it - oh, shit," he dived back to his bed, holding on to his head as he could feel the nausea kick in.

"Did you try getting out of bed again? 'Cause I swear to God, Sean Lew!"

"I'm fine!" he yelled, his voice rough. He tried standing up again, this time carefully, and succeeded to walk out of his room while holding onto the walls. He walked in the kitchen barefoot, his hair all over the place, and just in time witnessed Kaycee's face scrunched up in disgust.

"You didn't tell me it was this salty!" Kaycee exclaimed, her eyes full of tears as she hurriedly drank water. "And you told me you'd finish it! What the heck!"

"It was...fine," Sean said, stopping himself from bursting into a full-bellied laughter. Plus, he has no energy to.

"I told you not to lie to me when it comes to my cooking," she glared at him as she put her hands on her hips. Shaking her head, she turned around and threw the food unceremoniously.

Sean's jaw dropped. "There are a lot of hungry children in the world, Kayc!"

"If I feed them my food, they're gonna die of food poisoning," Kaycee rolled her eyes. She sighed again. "This isn't gonna work, I'm just gonna order for us."

"Kayc. What did we talk about ordering food?" Sean asked calmly as he leaned his elbows on the breakfast bar. He wanted to lean his head on the table but he doesn't want to show Kaycee that he was weak.

"I know, but Sean, I can't feed you. And I want to you to eat some proper food. You've been sick for days. What is your mom gonna say?!" Kaycee panicked.

"Nothing, because we're not telling her anything," Sean said. "Kayc, I'm gonna be fine! Come on. This isn't the first time that I got sick."

She started to rant, walking back and forth in front of him. "The last time you did, you can still joke around and even prank me! Now, you can't even go to the bathroom without tripping -"

"- I always trip -"

" - or, or shaking like a leaf in a windstorm at night!" she exclaimed frantically.