Chapter 32

Nov., 8th; 2:23pm; San Francisco 

Bucky's POV

She opened the door, only with a towel covering her body and her hair wet. "What are you doing here, Buck?" Mórrígan sounded surprised and extremely confused. Without any hesitation, I grabbed her and hugged her tightly.

"You Idiot, I thought you are dead." I said and closed my eyes. She tried to fight the hug, but eventually gave up and hugged me back with only one arm, and hold the towel with the other. "Wait, why are you here?" She asked me, pulling away and looking me up and down.

"Uhm- you better sit down-" I started, but got interrupted by a loud noise coming from the kitchen. "Is everything okay?" Morgan yelled, towards the kitchen and turned back to me. "You better go now." She said, and started pushing me away. "Yeah, I just - who is this?" A man entered the room, with a broken plate in his hands. 

"He was just about to leave-" Mórrígan started, but I interrupted her. "James Buchanan Barnes, nice to meet you sir." I shook the man's  hand and he smiled at me, and started looking between Mórrígan and me.  "So this is the guy, you were talking about?" He asked her, and she started to get nervous.

"Y-Yes! That is James... My boyfriend." She mumbled and looked at me with a smile on her face. "I missed you, Darling." She pressed a kiss on my left cheek and grabbed my arm. What is she talking about?

"Dad, will you excuse us for a second? I have to go and put on some clothes, and talk with James." She smiled, and looked up at me. "Uh, yeah sure. But no kissing or touching or-" "Oh my- Dad, please stop. James, you come with me and Dad, could you please set the table without breaking something?" She asked, and her Father nodded. 

After that, she grabbed my hand and pushed me into a random room. "Since when are we a couple?" I asked her and sat down on the bed. "Why are you here, asshole?" She asked me and punched me on my right shoulder.

"Calm down. Tony sent me to check on you." "To check on me?" She turned and started searching for something in a closet. "Some cameras, recorded some sort of- monster. We think it was following you and they all got pretty worried... Well, everyone besides me, of course." She stopped in her movements and turned to me. 

"Did you say monster? W-What does it look like?" Her hands started to shake sightly. "I don't know. It's black, and really tall... And its eyes look like sperm." I described the figure to her, and she started laughing a bit,  but then started to look serious again. "And why did Tony send you? And not someone like Pietro?" She asked and I shrugged my shoulders, acting like I did not volunteer to be here.

"And why is your father thinking we are in a relationship?" I questioned, and Mórrígan formed her right hand into a fist. "Because, I told him -turn around." She said, and I did, not wanting to make her feel uncomfortable.

"Because, I told him that I work for Stark as a secretary and lied to him about having a personal life. I said, I had a boyfriend called James, and planned on sending him pictures with Pietro and me." "And why did you say James instead of Pietro?" I asked her, staring at the pictures on the wall.

"He asked me about the name, and I thought of the first one that came into my mind." "So when you thought about having a boyfriend, you thought about me?" I smirked and heard her groan in the background.   

Suddenly, a hand was placed on my shoulder, and I turned to see Morgan fully dressed, and her hair in a ponytail. "Please, just go along with it." She begged me, and I rolled my eyes to annoy her. "If you insist." I answered and she sighed relieved.