CHAPTER 3

Riki's eyes that is still wide as plate, stared at the figure sitting beside the window before he muttered rainbow of curses again.

How the fuck—

"You. " The ravenette's voice is stern while pointing his index finger with his other hand towards the girl, gaze hardening as realization hits him. "How did you get in? "

He asked, wearing his stone cold expression as his voice is low to intimidate the said who's sitting a few feet away from him.

If she's a robber, a stalker or worst, a serial killer, then Riki better pull this demeanor he's putting right now or else he'll be in the news tomorrow, reporting how his body found dead in his house—nope. Riki will make sure that will not and will never happen.

He cocked a brow when the smile on the girl's lips wiped out as her eyes going wide, too wide to be exact that Riki is afraid it'll come out of its socket from how wide they are.

The ravenette pursed his lips when the girl looked on either side of her, behind her then back to him whilst pointing her finger to herself.

"Me? "

Riki blinked upon hearing the girl's angelic and innocent voice. Too innocent to be a robber. Or a serial killer.

But didn't bad people do that? Have that? Acting as if they're good when in fact they are not?

The ravenette scoffed, stepping inside the room and setting his coffee on the bedside table. "No, the wall. " He says in a mocking tone. "Of course you, who am I supposed to talk to? "

Though instead of getting an answer, what Riki received was another question coming from the girl beside the window.

"You can see me? "

He squint his eyes. Is she playing an 'ask to ask' here? Because Riki wasn't really fond of that game.

"I asked you first. How did you get in? "

"Wait, you really see me? "

The girl stood up causing Riki to be alerted as he instinctively took a step backwards, ready to take an action if the girl decided to attack him. Though he doesn't really hurt girls but she would be an exception... Or not, who knows.

The girl sat down again, smile appearing on her plump and a bit pale lips.

Wait. Pale?

"I live here "

Riki's brow furrowed.

Excuse me what?

"Definitely not. I live here " Riki emphasized the word 'I' and then point his finger again towards her direction. He didn't care if what she mean was she's living in the neighborhood or what.

"And you're a trespasser, miss. " he added.

The smile on the girl's lip wiped out as her face saddens and Riki nearly regret what he had just accused her. Though he stopped himself, reminding his self that he's the right one here.

Her gaze shifted through the window as a faint smile formed on her lips. A sad one and that sight alone tugged something inside the ravenette.

"You're right. " She says, almost like a whisper but Riki still caught it, given by how quiet the house is. "I no longer own this house. I bet it's yours now. "

To say Riki is confused would be an understatement as he didn't put an effort to hide it. "I don't understand. "

The girl fixed her gaze to him, sadness still evident in her doe eyes. "You're not the only one who tried to live here. Many people tried but once I try to connect with them, they'll immediately move out. Probably scared" she chuckled which made the ravenette frown.

It's not a chuckle he wanted to hear from hwf. Not a sad one.

Suddenly, Riki had the urge to come walk towards her and pull her into his embrace, and whisper nothing but sweet words.

He didn't though.

Because despite how strong that urge is, that didn't shadow the fact that she could be anything. Sure, she look sad and broken but robbers or killers pull that too to their victim...

"You'll eventually move out too if you found out what I am. " The girl added which made the other pursed his lips.

That.... Is clearly impossible.

Because Riki is NOT rich and barely have savings in his account. That's why he wasted no day in working in Hee's dance class because he needed money to survive living. His last money was spent when he had grocery shopping the day he moved in. And that only means he doesn't have enough money left to buy or rent a house or an apartment.

"Are you one of my neighbors? " The ravenette asked, trying to make sense why the girl suddenly appeared in his house. In his room.

But the girl shook her head causing the other to ask another question.

"Who are you then? "

"Amber. "

"Amber and? "

The girl stared at him. Really stared at him causing Riki to immediately cough from the sudden awkwardness.

"Tell me you'll not get scared first. "

"Why would I? "

"You will. " The girk, who introduced yourself as 'Amber', answered sounding so surely. And that irritates Riki.

"Because I'm a spirit. "

She added.

———————

Thank you for reading!