⤷ 01| DEPARTMENT OF MAGICAL LAW ENFORCEMENT

chapter one : Department of Magical Law Enforcement

☆ ☆ ☆

Juniper Black was back at the Ministry once more. Accompanied by Nymphadora, the two of them made their way to Auror Office which was situated at the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. June was going to get her official application to begin her training as Auror. Nymphadora had told her she'd have to do some trials first and only if she passed those, she would be able to become an Auror-in-training.

"Of course you'll pass them all in flying colors," Nymphadora kept reassuring her. "You're a Prefect, Head Girl, Quidditch Captain and Triwizard Champion! I mean, you won the damn thing!"

June herself wasn't so sure about that.

"Department of Magical Law Enforcement," the woman's voice in the lift said and the doors slid open. June listened to Nymphadora's rambling, knowing her adoptive sister meant well.

"Wotcher Tonks!" a blond haired man said, appearing in front of them, beaming.

"Oh, hi Aaron," Nymphadora said, giving him a friendly smile.

The man's blue eyes darted to June. "Oh, you must be June! Tonks talks about you all the time. I'm Aaron Blake. It's nice to meet you!"

Juniper had heard all about him. Apparently he had a small crush on Nymphadora. She shook his hand, returning the smile. "I am, it's nice to meet you too, Aaron."

"You're hear to apply for Auror training, right?" Aaron asked.

June nodded.

"Great!" he said, smiling. "My sister will start too! Where is she?" He turned around, looking for his sister. "Alaska!"

A blond haired girl appeared from around the corner and her eyes observed Nymphadora and June as she approached them.

"Yell any louder and I'm pretty sure MACUSA would have heard you," she told her brother, a smile playing on her lips.

"Oh shut it," Aaron said, giving her a nudge. "This is June, she, too, will start her Auror training."

"Hopefully," June added quickly. "I'm Juniper Black." She held out her hand, hoping that she could make at least one new friend here.

"Alaska Blake," Alaska said, shaking her hand. "It's nice to meet you, Juniper."

"Call me June, everyone does," June said, smiling. "It's nice to meet you, too, Alaska."

"They want everyone together in the Coference Room," Aaron told Nymphadora. "There, they'll explain everything about the trials."

Nymphadora nodded and the four headed towards the Conference Room together. While Nymphadora and Aaron walked at the front, apparently talking about a mission they had had together, Alaska and June walked behind them. An awkward silence filled the space between them.