18

"Is anyone here?"

"What should we do?" Jangmi nervously asked him.

"It's okay. Hold me tightly." Riki replied to Jangmi softly to calm her and got off from the water before walking to the campsites again.
The teacher caught them and approached them in confusion as both of them were soaking.

The teacher took a glance at his watch,
"It's almost 5 am. Where did both of you go?"

Jangmi shut her mouth and tucked her head on his back, "I woke up because I got bit by a mosquito."

"So, I decided to go out and I saw her was sitting near the lake. I was about to leave her alone but she suddenly fell into the water. I helped her. That's all."

Riki explained, hoping the teacher to let them go this time.

"Are you okay, Jangmi?"

Jangmi looked at the teacher and nodded,

"Both of you. Go back to your tent."

Riki bowed to the teacher and brought Jangmi toward her tent. He couldn't help but laughed as the teacher got fooled. Jangmi was holding her laughter but she lost it when Riki was pretending to kick the teacher from far. As the teacher turned his back to them, Riki shut his mouth and ran away with Jangmi.

"We almost got caught."

"The teacher is so stupid. How can you sit nearby the lake without your wheelchair?" Jangmi laughed more.

"Look how smart I am." Riki continued and mixed his laugh with her.
________________

"Good morning."

Jangmi muttered to Riki from far and he noticed her. After adding the food to his plate, he took a chance to interact with her by walking past her before going toward his friends who were gathering not that far from Jangmi.

He muttered to her, "Good morning."He raised his eyebrows and patted her shoulder, leaving her quickly when his friends almost noticed both of them.

After a few minutes of having their breakfast. It's time to do the next activity before coming back to their house. They were gathering at the field and cheered loudly when the teacher finally came. Jangmi was gathering among them too and searched for Riki but he wasn't there causing her to be anxious about his existence.

"Jangmi."Hwayoung held Jangmi's sleeve making Jangmi looked at her.

"Do you know where Riki is? He disappeared after having his breakfast."

Jangmi slowly shook her head,
"Why did you ask?"

Hwayoung smiled at Jangmi,
"For the next activity, we can choose our partner to do the jungle trekking together. Since Riki is my first friend here, I want to do the activity with him."

Jaeni heard that and looked at Jangmi. Jaeni was quite worried about her friend's heart. Of course, she knew that Jangmi was hiding her friendship with Riki. She also knew about Jangmi's feelings for him although Jangmi didn't tell her the truth.

Jangmi was being obvious.
She could catch it quickly.

"Why don't you do with Yunjin, Jangmo, and Bogum?"

"Yujin and Jangmo have a girlfriend. I honestly felt uncomfortable being with Bogum because he always teased me. Riki is the only choice."