𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

───※ ·❆· ※───

───※ ·❆· ※───

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓯𝓪𝓬𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾'𝓻𝓮 𝓷𝓸 𝓵𝓸𝓷𝓰𝓮𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓪𝓵𝔀𝓪𝔂𝓼 𝓬𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝓶𝓮 𝓹𝓪𝓲𝓷,
𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾'𝓻𝓮 𝓯𝓸𝓻𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓲𝓷 𝓶𝔂 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓾𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓵 𝔀𝓮 𝓶𝓮𝓮𝓽 𝓪𝓰𝓪𝓲𝓷.

Those were the words Sunghoon had payed for to be inscripted in his mother's grave after a week of the burial. Mi-sun places a flower onto the stone in front of her and stand next to the ice skater who keeps giving his thanks to the ones paying their sympathies.

His friend, Jake had long head out as he understand the need of Sunghoon who'd like to stay longer in the cemetery, alone with her.

The sound of the rain surrounds them as it signals how long they had been standing there together and is the only source of sound, as Mi-sun waited for him to find his voice again.

She looks over at Sunghoon who had been the first person that was waking up his mom in the morning, only for her to never respond again. His fringe is blocking his eyes, and his profile view is almost unseen. She looks down at his hand that he was clenching and unclenching at the same time.

In order to comfort him even in silence, she moves her hands over so it was below Sunghoon's before sliding her fingers over his and closing them around his hand. He did not respond for a while.

She takes in deep breath, thinking she was getting ahead of herself and was about to pull her hands away in complete embarassment when Sunghoon slowly closes his fingers around their hands.

He tightens his grip on her hand as his body slowly shakes with soft cries, "I'll be here for you, Sunghoon. I would never leave you", she says it softly, slowly squeezing his hand.

"I have no family anymore from now on", Sunghoon chuckles in between a sob, "Jay didn't even come, although I send him a message. Until the end, I'm the only one my mom sees and we both know she's asking for him"

"It'll be okay. She told me she appreciated you for real"

Sunghoon suddenly lets go of her hand, before turning around and taking her in a tight embrace. He pulls her close to his chest and rests his head on hers, "Mi-sun, you don't know how much I'm grateful that you're here"

"It's the least I could do for the person who saved me two weeks ago from my loneliness", she smiles as she hugs him back.

"You know what, my real dad loved my mom so much and before he died, he said he'll be waiting for her up there", he lets out a small sob, and Mi-sun rubs his back reassuringly, "Now they will finally be together again. They love each other so much"

"But what about your stepfather, the dad of Jay?", she asked curiously since Sunghoon shared about even if they don't have the same parents, he cherished him the same as a real brother.

"My mom loved him, of course, but not as much for her first husband and you know, it was the same reason he got tired of her", he told her so readily, that she was surprised of how much trust that he holds to her.

"And Jay? He stayed with us for a few more years before he followed him in U.S", Sunghoon smiled as he thought of that brother, "You will learn so many things from him. He's a walking encyclopedia"

Mi-sun couldn't help but be proud of him, especially when he hold no grudges to the people he loved. He had wished no less for his mother, and even to his brother that he often talk about so fondly - the reason he'd bear a burden of his mom, but he still loved him endlessly.

After a while later, Sunghoon pulls away from the hug and looks her in the eye, "Thank you so much for opening her eyes, Mi-sun", he says, and she only responded with a smile. He returns it and cup her face in his hands.

She couldn't expect for him to not ever do it, but he slowly leans in until their noises touch, her eyes automatically closing as if being ready, "You should know how you're the only thing I have right now, Mi-sun", Sunghoon says before pressing his lips against hers.

She didn't know what they were doing, but she only followed his movement as she wraps her hand around his neck. He moves his other hand to her waist and pulls her in closer, deeping their kiss.

And even when they surrounded by a hundred of dead, they felt so alive against each other as Mi-sun pulls away with Sunghoon doing the same, "Sunghoon, I just wanted to say thank you again", she whispers, and their breath keep ticking each other's lips.

"For what?"

"For everything, I guess. I wish this thing between us could last forever, but I know good things don't last forever", she said based on her experience and Sunghoon's face falls at the meaning.

As if response to it, his hand moves away from her waist, but she grabbed it and put it back to it's previous place. Their bodies having no space from each other at all. It was too close, but they both marveled at it.

"But for now, don't even think about it. For now, let's just enjoy this moment", Mi-sun pulls him again into a tight embrace, but even if Sunghoon allowed it, his mind was ringing about her previous statement.

Why was it suddeny sounds foreboding all of a sudden?

───※ ·❆· ※───

This is nearly the second-half of the story.