chapter 25

when we get inside me and clary rush straight to our room where i gasp.

"no.." i whisper looking at my side of the room. the whole room is burnt. nothing is left.

my bed frame is torn down the once princess vaile i had slashed and ripped and burnt.

all my pictures and drawings that plastered the walls all burnt and layed on the floor.

mine and clarys warobe open all our clothes thrown out and brunt to a crisp.

i look to the corner of my room my little things that i used to keep there in a chest is burnt. the front of the chest completely off eveything all flowing out. you cant really tell what it is as its all black and brown ashes now anyways.

i try my hardest not to burst into tears as i see bunny on my bed half of him black and brown the other half a dirty blue colour.

alec and simon walk in looking around alec's eyes imedietely fall onto me as i slwoly walk towards my bed.

"Holy crap, Clary. Who torched your loft?"simon asks looking around teh room he used to bunk on the floor of.

i bite the inside of my lip as i reach for bunny and hold him in my hands looking down at him.

a tear roll down my face as i look at him remembering all the times i would drag him everywhere.

i knew i should have taken him with me that day of the gig but mom said not to as i would lose him

"Hey. You okay?" alec voice asks making me snif and look up at him.

i nod and he sighs bringing me into a sideways hug.

"we can fix him you know." he whispers making me look up at him frowning. he smiles and lays his hand out for me to pass him bunny.

i slowly pass him over and alec looks at him before noding and oepning his jacket sliding bunny into the inside pocket.

"There's nothing left of me here"clary says making me look at her. she aswell almost has tears in her eyes as she looks around her side of the room. 

"Of course, there isn't. Your mother was trying to erase any trace that you existed." alec says dropping his arm from around me and linking our hands."So that you couldn't be tracked. She was protecting you both." he says making me sniff as the tears roll down my face again.

 "Let's see how well that worked." clary mutters.

"You're alive, aren't you?" alec says making me drop his hand and walk out the room.

i walk around the main room of the loft looking at all the broken things. i walk over to the shelf covered in picture frames. most of them burnt and covered in dirt,

i grab one and whimper looking at the picture of me and luke and clary, me on lukes shoulders clary stood infront of him his hands on her shoulders, a large smile on both our faces.

i was so interested in the pictures that i ddidnt realise someone came threw the broken window and was aproaching me slowly.

i feel them grab my arm frist which makes me scream but as i do so im grabbed around teh throat and lifted off my feet and carried outside.

the man rushes me outside as i kick and scream. i get pulled across the road where i see clary and simon being shoved into a car.

i look around quickly until i see alec in the allways.

"alec!" i scream making him look over at us. he rushes forwards but its too late him shoved into another car and the driver speeds off leaving alec stood on the side walk looking extremely upset.

no ones pov:

alec passes around in the fairchild tiwns bedroom. he grabs a draw and throws it against the room making it smash as jace and izzy come rushing in.

they take one look around teh room before jace is up in alec face very angry.

"Where is she? Where's Clary?"jace asks his voice strained as if he wants to shout but can not.

"She's gone so is gracie."alec replies his voice is quiet and dull.

"What do you mean, gone?"izzy asks walking over and frowning at her brother.

"clary, gracie and Simon got arrested when I was securing the fire escape." alec explians quickly. he breaths heavily wiping a hand down his face."I got distracted." he stutters looking at jace worriedly.

"The mundane was here?"jace asks annoyed looking around.

"Simon? He's gone, too?"izzy asks her voice slightly worried.

"It was an unmarked car. I don't know where they took them"alec stutters quietly.

"What did you do, Alec?"jace asks looking at his brother with wide eyes.

alec doesnt reply instead he takes a deep breath and looks down.

jace huffs and storms out of the room. izzy looks at alec before grabbing clarys bag that was left on the broken bed and stroms out aswell.

alec sighs and opens his jacket looking at the small bunny stuffie in his pocket.

"im gonna get you get." he mutters before he rushes after his siblings.

gracie pov:

sitting in the back of the car the man who grabbed me looks at me as i sit there tears down my face hugging alec;'s jacket around me.

i press myself against the locked door as the car stops and the guy gets out and comes round to myside.

he opens the door as i go to shuffle away but he grabs my arm.

"just copartate and everything will be fine."i hear a guy say so i look over and see clary and simon climbing out of the other car completely fine.

"clary." i shout making her look at me. i struggle in the mans hold but he does let me go.

"let her go," the other guy says so the man drops me and i rush to clary hugging her tightly.

she wraps her arms around me holding onto me. 

"just be quiet and everything will be fine."a voice says making me look up.

"alaric?" i ask quietely looking at him. he looks away from me as if he is a shamed to see me.

the man who grabbed me grabs clary and pulls us towards a bulding.

"alaric who are these guys?"clary asks looking at the one dragging as and the one pulling simon.

alaric works with luke at the police station that how i know him.

a phone rings so the guy holding simon pulls it out his pokcet and turns to alaric.

"lukes calling." he says shoving it back in his pokcet.

"ignore it."alaric says gesturing for eveyone to keep walking.

"you guys are with luke?" clary asks as they push us towards a bulding."did he send you?" clary asks desperately trying to hold onto me as we get shoved forwards.

"non eof your bunisness."a man grunts annoyed.