Ch. 8 - Missed The Shit Out Of You

Loki

"You-" I was interrupted by the sound of the Quinjet landing.

"Well that was early," Monet said in surprise as she left me and began walking towards the helipad on the roof.

I turned back towards the counter, still fuming from our argument. Who does she thing she is, speaking to the God of Mischief in such manner? She had clearly been anticipating her loss in our argument as she meaninglessly threw insults at my face.

Mortals will always be so weak. And pathetic.

I followed Monet shortly after calming down, towards the lift. As its doors came into my eye-line, I noticed them slowly closing, causing me to lengthen my strides so I were to reach before they did.

Just as the slit between the doors was about to shut, I slid my hand between and pried them open, stepping forward into the lift next to Monet.

"Ugh. I thought you wouldn't make it," she said, still facing the doors on the opposite side.

"I suggest you correct your manner and tone," I replied.

"Hmph. Why should I?"

"So headstrong," I mumbled under my breath.

"I know." She said it as if my comment was somewhat a compliment, seeming like her mood completely shifted to a positive one.

Just as I was about to reply once more, the doors slid open and Monet sprinted out of them towards The Avengers emerging for the Quinjet, with me slowly following behind.

Dr. Banner was walking behind Rogers as Monet began approaching them, until the doctor quickly sped ahead as to be able to catch her when she leaped onto him and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"God, I missed the shit out of you," Monet's mumbling voice said into his neck.

"We've not even been gone for a week, Monet," Banner chuckled.

"I know. But I still missed you." There was a silence between them as she rested her weight on him for a couple more minutes, until the both of them pulled back. "On that note," she continued, "why are you all even back so early?"

"Mission ended sooner than we thought," the bird man said as he, too, exited the jet.

"How come? You know what," she said, interrupting herself, "I don't even care. I'm just glad you are."

"So are we Monet. We would love to get to know you better," Rogers said as he passed her and walked towards me.

I had expected him to ignore my presence, but instead he surprisingly tapped my shoulder in greetings and continued his walk towards the lift.

It seemed my relationship with The Avengers, or at least one of them, was improving yet I wasn't certain of how I felt about it.

"Yeah, we haven't gotten to even talk much those two weeks I have been here with you all," Monet said to Barton. "And about that, I'm sorry. I've just been caught up in work but I did try and rush through as much as I could this week so I can spend more time with you all."

Ah, so that was the reason for her absence this past week and why she had spent the majority of the day in her chambers.

"Sounds perfect," he responded with a smile and headed towards the Captain.

"Come on Monet," Romanoff said while wrapping an arm around her shoulders leading her to the lift, "Bruce told me you loved listening to his stories of our missions. How about I tell you all about it?"

"Ooh ooh, yes please!" she replied gleefully while slightly jumping up and down.

Gah, she's such a child.

Romanoff breathed out a laugh in response.

"Wait one second," the doctor said while pulling Monet's arm away from the widow's grasp.

"Yeah?" she questioned.

"Loki hasn't, you know," he said while his eyes flit between her and I, "caused you any trouble?"

Hmph. He acted as if I couldn't hear him. Yes, I had paused walking a few metres away from them, but that doesn't mean I couldn't still listen.

"Nah, he was pretty chill actually. We had a few arguments here and there but I would say we got along pretty well."

"Yeah. He's stubborn," Banner said in response, "just like you."

"Oh, shut up!"

Thor and Stark were the last to leave the Quinjet as it closed behind them. Monet leaned to the side see them as Bruce was blocking her vision, and caught Thor's eye, excusing herself.

"Wait here Nat. Gimme one sec," she said while jogging up to Thor. "Yo!" she said while punching his arm. "You never told me you were a fucking God!"

"How do you-" he questioned.

"Your brother told me."

"Ah, of course."

"So...?" she said, waiting for him to carry the conversation.

"What?"

"What do you mean 'what'? You've got some explaining to do."

"My apologies for keeping you in the dark Lady Monet. I was given strict orders from Banner not to inform you of it just yet."

She twisted to see him giving her a sheepish smile and shook her head disapprovingly in return.

Turning back to Thor with her head down as if in thought, she said, "Damn. Can't believe I fell for that 'Bob the Builder' act. I mean what kinda construction guy carries a lucky hammer around with him?"

I snickered hearing her and she whipped her head around, her long hair smacking Thor in the face.

"What do you thing you're laughing at?" she yelled towards me.

"Oh nothing," I said in response, turning away and walking towards Rogers and Clint who were waiting by the lift for the rest.

"So Monet," Stark began, "wanna hear all about the mission?"

"Hey watch it, Tony! Don't steal my thing!" Romanoff yelled to him.

"It's not good to be selfish, Nat!" he said in a sing-songy tone.

"Come on guys," Monet chuckled as she wrapped each arm around Thor and Stark's shoulders.

As soon as she approached Banner and Romanoff she began telling the doctor off about being overprotective until Romanoff quickly snatched Monet away and grimaced at Tony, leaving him with a smirk plastered to his face. The five of them approached the three of us, now all waiting next to the lift.

As we all entered the lift, Monet began jumping once more, saying "Storytime, storytime, storytime!"

"Monet, damn, you're such a kid," Stark said to her with a light smile on his face.

"See?" I finally spoke up.

"Oh, go suck your mum, Loki," she teased.

They all exchanged questioning looks concerning our already developing relationship, but all chose to remain silent.

~~

A/N: Next 2 chapters are already up :)