Chapter 11

1BBY

In the time since she felt Anakin's presence, (Y/N) has not allowed herself to remain in one place too long. If he felt her presence too, then the secret of her survival is out. She needs to make it her top priority to remain hidden.

With so much going on in her life, (Y/N) has found it difficult to keep up with being a reliable bounty hunter for Hondo Ohnaka. For that reason, she today finds herself standing before him and Aayra on the bustling, terrifying streets of Coruscant.

She has already explained much of the situation to Hondo, meaning she is now nearing the time to say goodbye to them both.

"You have your main bounty now," She gestures to Aayra. "Having completed my tasks, I wish to resign from my job as your personal bounty hunter."

The role of bounty hunter has never been suited to (Y/N), regardless of how hard she tried to believe it was. Switching from a Jedi who protected the innocent to essentially a vigilante did not give her the sense of fulfilment that she had hoped for.

"Whatever will I do when someone owes me money?" Hondo asks himself, seeming more worried about this factor than anything else.

"I'm sure you will work it out. You and Aayra make a pretty good team," She tilts her head, focusing on the ground. "It reminds me of a couple I used to know."

Even in such a casual way, speaking of her husband feels like a sin to (Y/N). She loves him, she always will, but there is something about his new persona that she will always resent. It is hard to keep her love for Anakin Skywalker separate from her loathing of Darth Vader.

"You're right!" Hondo beams. "I suppose we will get by without your assistance."

The drink resting in his hand indicates he isn't exactly sober, but (Y/N) won't be the one to point that out. If he is happy with her decision during this conversation, then that is all she needs.

"Well, in that case, I will leave you to it," (Y/N) says, turning around immediately after finishing her sentence.

"Wait!" Aayra calls, prompting (Y/N) to turn around. "I'll walk you out."

(Y/N) watches with curiosity as Aayra walks toward her without saying another word. The way she is acting almost appears sincere, and that makes it feel unfamiliar to her. 

"Okay," (Y/N) responds, not knowing what more to say to the situation. "Goodbye, Hondo."

"Farewell, my friend!" He beams.

(Y/N) gives Hondo one last nod before turning away from him. Though she would never admit to Hondo himself, (Y/N) will miss him. He is chaotic, and at times, completely unreasonable, but he is a good friend to her. 

Aayra walks by (Y/N)'s side in complete silence until they reach the exit of the building in which Hondo resides. It takes a moment for either of them to say anything, making the situation feel almost uncomfortable. 

"I can walk the rest of the way on my own," (Y/N) says, not meaning to sound as abrupt as she did.

The Millennium Falcon is still a fair distance away from here, but (Y/N) would rather walk it alone. Aayra is an attractive woman, and walking by her side in the daylight would undoubtedly draw unwanted attention to them both. 

"I know," Aayra agrees, her voice sounding softer than usual.

Every time (Y/N) has spoken with her, Aayra has spoken with a husky, somewhat seductive tone of voice. Right now, however, her voice is the opposite of that. She sounds vulnerable, something (Y/N) thought she would be unfamiliar with.