Chapter 3

They had already welcomed the Duke and Duchess Alpheus and their children, except Charlotte.

Charlotte enters the royal entrance and the knight providing the names to the audience asks who she was.

"Ma'am, I don't think you're permitted to enter, did you receive an invite?"

"I'm Charlotte Alpheus, first daughter of the Duke Alpheus."

The knight apologised to her hurriedly, and then announced.

"Charlotte Alpheus has arrived."

As Charlotte was coming down from the stairs, she felt stares from both men and women, she gazed at the audience and saw men's mouth wide open and saliva drooling, whilst part of the women looked at me with hatred and disgust while the rest look at me with a bright smile from her beauty.

The Duke, Duchess and the 2 children by their side gasped and displayed a displeased look on their faces.

Charlotte glanced at them with a light grin on her face and went over to the food section and sat.

Some ladies came up to her to start a conversation, which was quite delightful as they have really wanted to meet the first daughter of Alpheus. They started talking about how stunning she was then went on with the daily gossip from other social circles.

On the other hand, whispers surrounded Charlotte.

"Was she always this pretty?"

"I heard she got abused."

"Ha, she probably did something bad."

Charlotte paid no attention towards these rude nasty rumors, although she glared at them to make them stop talking about her, of course some stopped and some didn't. It was quite a delightful surprise that she scared off such noble ladies like that. She wanted to giggle. She carried the conversation that she was having with the other ladies though. It was really fun.

Her father walked up to her with an expressionless face and said,

"Child, we have to go greet some of our guests."

"Alright."

She then waved at the ladies with a soft smile on her face and walked together with her father. She greeted the baron, count, viscount etc.

Her father then walked towards the king and his son, Charlotte gracefully tails behind her father, sister and brother.

"Greetings and blessings upon your majesty of Dianyl and his majesty the prince of Dianly, This is my son Asher Alpheus and daughter, Emilia Alpheus"

"Haha. No need for honorifics, Derek.* Anyway, who's that girl behind you three. She's young and beautiful"

(Derek = The Duke Alpheus / Sheila = The Duchess Alpheus)*

"Greetings and blessings upon your majesty of Dianyl and his majesty the prince of Dianly. I am the first daughter of Duke Alpheus, Charlotte Alpheus. It's a pleasure to be in your presence your majesty."

A smile appears on the king's face as he realises she was the only one who greeted him and his son while the other two children were busy staring at the prince.

"I'm pleased to meet you too young one. This is my son Elijah, my only child."

The young boy took my hand and held it to give it a small peck on the surface.

"Pleased to meet such beautiful lady like you"

He said in a seducing tone.

I can see right through him, does he think I'm a fool?