Chapter 10

[Mature Content]

My birthday is in two days.

And I'm not excited about it.

I've never really liked my birthday. Mainly because of my father. He told me that my mother died or left on my birthday. Whatever story he liked to tell me at the time. So, whenever my birthday would come around, he would lash out at me. Either mentally...or physically. That's probably why he loved Leo so much.

They both liked to beat me.

I remember one time I mentioned to my father how Leo was aggressive with me one night, and all he did was laugh at me like I was telling a joke. I got so mad at him that I started to yell.

He shut me up real quick with a hard punch in the face.

I had a bruise on my face for a week. And when Leo saw that bruise, he just smirked at me and kissed it like he was pleased with my father.

I fucking hate them both.

More so my dad because of what he allowed Leo to do to me.

It's Friday and I'm heading to my business class because I realized that I left my favorite sweater in there.

Please don't let him be in there. Please don't let him be in there.

Professor Wolfe doesn't have classes on Friday so I doubt he'd be in the classroom, but you never know.

I make it to my class and hesitate for a minute or two.

I don't want to see him.

But then again I do.

I take a deep breathe and try the door knob. Thankfully it was unlocked.

The lights are dimmed and I sigh in relief when I don't see him in here.

I rush to my seat to see if my sweater is there. It isn't.

"Dammit" I whisper shout. I look under my desk as well and the steps going up to the other desks. Nothing.

Where the hell is it?

I sigh in disappointment when I can't find it and turn to leave when I freeze at the top of the steps.

Professor Wolfe.

He's standing in the door frame.

Fuck.

"Miss Wells, what are you doing here?" He asks walking into the room, closing the door.

I gulp.

"What are you doing here? You don't have classes on Fridays." I mentally slap my palm over my head for saying that.

He chuckles. "This is my classroom, Mia. I think I have every right to be in here." He motions me with two fingers to come to him.

And without thinking, I do.

I start walking down the steps and I stop a few feet away from him.

He looks me up and down and smirks.

Oh God.

"Now I'll ask you one more time, Miss Wells" He starts walking towards me.

I start walking back and end up hitting my desk. He stops right in front of me, leaving a few inches of space between us.

"What are you doing here?" He take one more step and almost closes the space between us. Our noses almost touching at this point, but not quite.

"M-My sweater" I stutter. "I left it in here yesterday, so I came back to look for it."