Epilogue

7 years later...

"Wave to your Daddy, Scorpius" I instructed, taking Scorp's small, almost 2-year-old hand, gesturing wildly with it so Draco could see us from his broom.

It was Draco's last professional game today for the Falmouth Falcons.

A week or so after everyone had settled from the European National Cup, Draco was offered a contract to play seeker for his favorite quidditch team. Of course, he accepted graciously, not wanting to turn down the opportunity of a lifetime.

He had started right out of school, always going to practices and press gatherings. It had started to become a strain on our relationship as I worked my way through the Ministry of Magic.

We had become so used to being together during anything related to quidditch, never taking into consideration I wouldn't be able to be there with him in the locker rooms, or on the side of the pitch. Practices were closed from the public, so I couldn't even show my support then.

With the less amount of time we spent together, I had started stressing whether our relationship could stay intact. I had goals of my own I wanted to accomplish, and I couldn't do that if all I cared about was Draco's schedule.

That's when we had to have a difficult conversation.

I had chosen to live in London after graduation, while Draco had moved into a townhome in Truro, not too far from Falmouth. We'd try to floo or apparate and meet on weekends, and I would always make sure to go to his games. But it wasn't enough.

So we moved in together.

Draco sold his townhouse in Truro, choosing to move into my small apartment with me and Crookshanks. I felt bad for him changing his whole schedule to fit into our lives in the apartment, having to apparate multiple times to make sure he wouldn't splinch from apparating so frequently and such a far distance. Yet, in the long run, our schedule still revolved a bit around his with professional quidditch being extremely demanding.

***

We lived and dated in that London apartment for 4 years, creating some of the best memories I've ever had. My favorite being when he proposed well, kind of proposed.

I was sick with a muggle cold. Coughing up my lungs while snot ran out both my nostrils, I was a complete, utter mess.

It was when I was rummaging for more socks to put on my feet from the cold room temperatures, did I find a ring case. I gasped aloud, to which Draco came tumbling into our room to check if I was alright "What's wrong?"

I turned around, holding the velvet case in my hand, tears already starting to prick in my eyes, either from the guilt of finding it or excitement of what it was. "Draco," I sniffled as my nose made my voice sound extra groggy, "What is this?"

He blushed slightly, tilting his head down but keeping his gaze locked with mine. "I think we both know what it is, Hermione"

I squealed, running into his arms unexpectedly, prompting us to stumble into the hallway wall. "Yes, Draco!"

He laughed, pulling me tighter to him despite being a walking pile of bogey. "You didn't even let me ask you, witch!"

***

We got married 10 months later at the manor upon my request. I relished the feeling of rubbing our very successful romance in Lucius' face. Narcissa was overjoyed, having helped me plan the majority of it. I had been grateful for her assistance, but I think she used it as a cover because, towards the end of our reception, she pulled me aside.