➪𝙁𝙄𝙁𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉. 𝙢𝙮.

"I wasn't prepared to say goodbye."

—— It had been around two weeks later, and y/n had been purposely avoiding both Reki and Langa all that time

They would take longer routes to school, take the longer way to get to their classes, and eat lunch inside the art classroom so that the chances of Reki and Langa encountering y/n was lower.

"I really am doing so much just to avoid confrontation. I'd have to eventually tell them about the situation." Y/n thought.

Y/n had submitted her art piece a week ago, and it was a model of a blue and red model jumping into each other, while a third black humanoid model was trapped in murky-coloured resin. After that, they had added some scenery to compliment the art work, tying all the elements together.

All y/n has to do is to hope for the best, and to win something for the school.

"Was it selfish of me to use my situation with Reki and Langa as my own personal gain?" Y/n asked themself.

They let out a long sigh and continued munching on a piece of lettuce in their salad, eating away their lunch in the art room.

At that moment, they didn't know that staying there would mean eating away their own heart as well.

—— And so, a month had now passed, and the results of the art contest was being released on that same day

"Y/n, they sent you a letter regarding your submission to the national art contest." Their art teacher said to them, while handing y/n a letter.

"Thank you." Y/n said briefly, before opening the envelope.

The anticipation was killing them, and they finally opened the letter and started to read its contents.

To y/n l/n,

Thank you for your participation in the All Japan's Youth National Art Contest. We would like to inform you your piece, has won third place in the contest. We congratulate you on your unique expression of your emotions which lead to this decision.