chapter eight~ bad decisions

(Jared's pov)
There was never ending chaos as we rushed into the hospital. Lana ran Inside, shortly followed by jen and many of the others. "What's happening" I asked them. But the grownups where to busy talking amongst themselves to notice me. Slowly a doctor walked over and began to talk.

"Colin has lost alot of blood, and If this continues were not sure there's much we can do" the woman said. I watched as lana pulled her hands to her head in stress. "Hes going to die?" I asked. Joshua walked over to me. "No jared, what the doctors mean is it will probably heal on it's own" he lied. Of course I didn't believe him but nodded anyway. I sure wasn't the 10 year old gullible kid he thought I was.

(Rebecca pov)
As josh pulled jared away we stood outside the room nervously. Hearing occasional beeps and thuds from inside. "Hes going to be ok right?" I said turning to lana. But she seemed to fazed to talk, like her mind was elsewhere. "How exactly did this happen?" I then asked her. It looked like some of the others wanted to know too.

Lana turned to us and thought carefully about what to say, I could tell it was going to be hard for her to say which made me worried. "Well... y/n's parents abused her, and we were all to busy to notice. That was until me and colin started investigating. Unfortunately it ended with the gun" she said. And when she said the word gun she shivered.

"Where are the parents now?" I asked her. "In jail" we all sighed, relived. It would have been a catastrophe if they weren't. "And y/n?" Robert asked. Lana smiled. "I'm fostering her, from Friday" she said. We all opened our eyes as wide as they could go. "Your fostering her?" I exclaimed. She stared at me shyly and nodded. "This day couldn't get any stranger" emilie laughed.

Later on through the night, we heard no news from the doctors, so most of us left. All except me, lana and josh. We sat half asleep right outside the room, waiting for at least some good news. I was too nervous to sleep, but I needed it. "Hes ok" the nurse said. It took my a while before the words sunk in properly. "Really?" I asked. She nodded.

"That's great, can we see him?" I asked eagerly. "I'm afraid only one person at the moment" she said. Me and Josh stared at lana. "Go on" I said.

(Lana pov)
I walked Into the room to see Colin's smile. "Make a joke and I swear I will kill you" he laughed at what I said and sat up slowly. "I'm afraid I've died enough for one day, but hey. It's good practice for the show" he said and then coughing after. "Hows y/n?" He then asked me. I began to tell him everything. And it went on for the entire night.

"Am I making the right decision?" I asked him. Colin looked at me before placing his hand on mine. "As your new second best friend I support you, but if I were you I wouldn't do it. Children are too much of a responsibility and with your life already it could be stressful." He said. Yet it wasn't what I wanted to hear. I wanted him to say something like 'lana you can do this' or "you will be fine, this is a good decision' but he didn't. At least he was being truthful.

"I'm going go home now, I've only got one day to prepare for my new kid" I said. We said our goodbyes and I drove home. My head was all over the the place, so I did something stupid. Something I knew then I shouldn't have done. I didn't drive up to my house, I drove right to the pub. And as  my idiotic hands gripped around the alcohol I got more wasted by the second.

The place around me span, I couldn't tell my lefts to my rights. Until I heard a familiar voice. It was jen. "Lana. What the hell?" She said trying to capture my attention.

I didn't remember anything else from that night. What I do remember was waking up in my bed, safe and sound at home. Jen sat at the end of the bed and sighed as I opened my eyes. "You do realise this is the reason that fostering doesn't work out, what were you thinking?" She asked me. I shrugged my shoulders. The hangover was bad. Really bad. "I wasnt thinking" I then mumbled.

"You know I love you, but you cant fall back into these stupid habits. If your feeling angry, confused or stressed than come to me" jennifer whispered while handing me a bottle of water. "What's the time?" I asked her. She looked at her watch and said. "5:00, you've been out cold since I brought you home yesterday" she answered. "What!" I yelled getting out of bed.

"No no no, I'm taking y/n in tomorrow and I have no time to get her room ready" I said rushing around for my clothes. "Lana calm down, me and josh can sort that out. What you need is rest" she told me. I smiled and sat back in the bed. "I regret it by the way. I.... I just, i dont know" I said stumbling on my words. "I get it" she said before walking out.

As I lied down I got a text from an unknown number. 'Hey its sean, I wanted to know if you were alright after I helped jen bring you home last night' it read. "Jen, you didn't tell me sean was there!" I yelled from my room. I heard josh and jen laugh then began texting the man back. 'Right, sorry about that. I don't really remember much' I said feeling really embarrassed.

The next text I got was from lira who I didn't know had my number. She sent  links for the support group. 'Ok thanks' I replied. 'I'm going to go' I then put. And it was the truth. I wanted to care for this child and if I was going to so then I  would do it right. And actually learn how to be a mother. Cause I sure needed experience.