chapter forty-three: once again

Days of script reading go by and unfortunately, Haechan and Eunwol have not made any contact with one another besides the ones in work.

But, every single time after the session, Eunwol would rush out and her manager would already be waiting considering how packed her schedule is now that she's a member of a hot and rising idol group.

And every time it happens, Donghyuck just feels more and more dispirited as the thought of her deliberately avoiding him crosses his mind recurringly.

Now, script reading is over and it's finally, time to act out the drama.

"Wardrobe check!" The stylists for the celebrities call and they all head into the fitting area to choose outfits most proper for the actors and actresses.

"Alright, you're all set. You can go and practice your lines while the equipment is still being set up," the stylist says to Haechan who bows politely before exiting.

The idol wanders around aimlessly, tired with reciting his script to the point it dries his throat.

Considering how they're filming as students and are now in a high school, he knows there must be a vending machine somewhere.

And it doesn't take him long to find it further behind.

Clank!

He hears the sound of a tin's fall and he turns the corner to see Eunwol pulling out her purchased drink from the machine's box.

And there his heart goes again- beating and racing like it never has.

Eunwol's eyes are fixed on her booklet but the moment, she swivels, she freezes right in front a tall figure's broad chest.

Even without meeting his eyes, she knows who it is.

"You're still as short as ever," Donghyuck comments endearingly with an undertone of sentimentality.
"And you're already wearing heeled sneakers."

"The heels aren't that tall," she tells and lifts her head to meet gazes with his beautiful, dark pupils that seem to pull her more and more the longer she stares.

She knows she'll end up drowning in them but still, she chooses to stare.

Oh, how she misses them, how she misses him.

"Moon, huh?" Hyuck brings up her stage name and she takes a small step back- joining her hands in front of her, bashful now that they're talking again.

She tucks away a strand of hair behind her ear and smiles. "Yeah. It is my name, after all. How are you, by the way?"

"Better, You?"

Eunwol emits a small giggle and spreads her arms out to show her full appearance. "Well, what do you think?"

Haechan grins. "Beautiful."

The girl snaps her head back up to him at the compliment she's used to receiving but when it comes from him, she's suddenly, all surprised and flustered.

"I, uh, umㅡ"

"Moon! Where's Moon? Has anybody seen her?? She needs to do her shoe-fitting!"

The loud, thin voice of her stylist breaks her stutter to which she internally sighs in relief at and she looks at Haechan.

Unbeknownst to her, he's enjoying every bit of her shy, nervous self- gratified by the sight of her red cheeks that glow brighter by the second, her shifty eyes that look everywhere but him, her adorable subtle bite of her lip.

Maybe, it's because he's an evil villain who likes to feel powerful? Or a weird, scary guy who likes to torment others?

Or maybe, it reminds him of the past and how it shows that he still has an effect on her, how she still gets flustered, how she's nervous- how nothing's changed?

Because then, it means they both still have those feelings of love for each other and that slight hope makes him overjoyed.

"Thank you," Eunwol mumbles hurriedly and hastes to leave but gets an all-too-familiar wrist grab by Haechan and she's stopped.

She turns and their eyes meet once again, both pairs holding a quality of yearn and anticipation but... for what?

To leave or to stay?

This thought scares Donghyuck and he stares at her. What if he's hoping for too much? What if she's already moved and doing this is just going to be an obstacle to her journey?

"I..." He utters and the light in her eyes brighten in curiosity of his next words.

"I just have to tell you that-" Hyuck smiles endearingly. "I miss you."

The female idol studies his mien but then, lets out a breath through her nose as she looks down to her grasped wrist.

Haechan's heart leaps when she pulls back her hand to put them in his- intertwining their fingers together before she sends an award-winning smile to him.

"I miss you too."