chapter 30

i sit inbweteen alec and magnus on the sofa mganus passes me bunny making me slowly slip as i sit him on my lap as jace stands behind the sofa and clary stands infront of us all. alec has a hold of my hand as i lena my head on his shoulder and i lay my legs on magnus lap holding onto bunny.

"I know where the Cup is"clary says quickly looking at us all;.

"Come again?"jace asks confusd looking at her with wide eyes.

"The tarot cards. My mom, she must have painted them years ago, but the Mortal Cup has to be hidden inside the Ace of Cups." clary explians looking between magnus and jace and alec.

seeing that ive put my thumb in my mouth and my eyes are slwoly closing once again alec shuffles and pick me up laying me on his lap. he cuddles me into his chest brushing a hand threw my blonde hair as i listen into clarys words. 

magnus watches as he handles me seeing how careful he is with me he smiles lightly.

"The card looks exactly like it."she says the boys all look at each other. no smile no emostion on their face at all."Wait, why aren't you guys happy about this? All we have to do is find... Dot." clary speaks a frown on her face as she looks at the boys hoping for a better reaction than that.

" If Dot had the cards when she was taken, we don't have much time. If Valentine gets his hands on the Cup..-"alec says towards clary but magus cuts him off.

"We know. If Valentine started creating Shadowhunters or gained control of demons, it'd be like Beyonce riding on a dinosaur through Times Square."magnus says making me giggle.

 alec looks down at me smiling and sits me up now on his knee, my thumb still in my mouth and bunny in my hand."People would notice." he says looking at clary.

"But he can control demons. I've seen it."calry says crosssing her arms looking at him.

"Mmm, paying off a few demons is easy, especially since they rarely survive long enough to collect."magnus tells her a small smirk on his face.

i dont really understand what they're talking about but im sure someone will explains later.

" Still waiting on Valentine's thank-you card."jace jokes amking no one laugh.

"Opening the gates of hell... that's a little more tricky"magnus says looking as alec bounces his knee making me giggle.

"Valentine doesn't have the cards." a voice says walking into the room. i turn and look seeing luke walk in with a large white bandge on his chest.

"lukey." i call reaching for him but alec lowers my arms and shhushes me.

"I do." he says looking at everyone."They're in my desk back at the precinct. When gracie and Clary went missing, I went to the loft and I cleared everything out, 'cause I didn't want the Circle to track them." he explains making me frown.

 i wonder if he has anything of mine.. 

"That's great. This should be easy."clary says lowering her arms and smiling.

"Hmm, that's what General Custer said."mganus speaks lifting me off alec lap making me pout as he sits me inbetween them making alec frown.

"Magnus is right. Valentine has spies everywhere, even in the NYPD. We have to be discreet."luke explains looking at clary. her smiles drops as she listens to hin.

"Discreet? You look like something out of The Mummy movie."clary says smiling sadly at luke. 

i giggle lightly as does mganus as he stands up.