006

january 16th, 2024
11:58 pm

JALEN AND NOELANI DIDN'T get to have a lot of romantic nights alone, now that they had a child so when they were able to, they took advantage of it

The sound of the jets bubbling from the hot tub filled their master bathroom and mixed with the low r&b music from a speaker by the mirror on the sink.

Several lavender scented candles were placed sporadically around the room and the moonlight beamed onto them like a spotlight.

Jalen could feel Noelani settle more firmly in his lap, "Aye. I have an idea."

"What?" She pushed all of her curly hair to one side.

"How about we get started on our second kid?" Jalen said in a teasing tone before wrapping an arm around her bare midsection.

"How about you chill because I literally just pushed out our first one," Noelani laughed before resting her head on Jalen's shoulder, "Give me like... Three years? And even then, it's a maybe."

Jalen creased his face a little, "'Three years?' Really?"

"You try pushing out a whole ass child and then see if you don't wanna wait a couple years." Noelani laughed a little.

"I was there!" Jalen laughed, "I get it."

"Do you though?" Noelani replied before she got off of his lap and turned around to face him, the ends of her hair getting wet.

Jalen moved both of his hands to her hips before pulling Noelani close and pecking her lips once, "Think about it... A girl for you and a boy for me."

Noelani rolled her eyes before sitting next to him in the hot tub, her body now covered by the bubbling water, "Not happening right now, kid. I think us and Alani is perfect right now. What's making you think about another kid right now anyway?"

Jalen simply leaned over and gave her a deeper kiss than before, lightly pressing one hand to the side of her face.

Noelani kissed him back, wrapping both arms around his neck and sifting halfway back onto his lap, only raising his body temperature and a certain appendage.

Before Jalen could contemplate his next move, there was a sound of something crashing on the lower floor and then through a baby monitor that was sitting on the bathroom counter came the sound of Alani crying.

"Shit." Jalen cursed lowly before standing up to get out, "You've got to be kidding me."

Noelani got out of the water as well then passed Jalen his robe before tightening her own, "Come on."

The couple stopped in the nursery first and Jalen watched on, a little annoyed at the fact that his child was awake, as Noelani began to rock the baby back and forth.

Another crash from downstairs riled Alani up again and Jalen let out an aggravated groan, "The fuck? I'll be back."

Noelani had turned to bouncing as an effort to calm Alani, "Okay. Please don't say anything too mean. Keep in mind that she's my family."

Jalen only was able to give her a single curt nod before he headed downstairs.

Leilani was stumbling around the kitchen, a blunt in her hand and a goofy smile on her face.

"Do you know what time it is? You woke up Alani." Jalen said in an irritated tone.

"My bad," Leilani laughed a little before taking a puff of the blunt in her hand.

Jalen took the blunt out of her hand and put it out, pressing the edge against the nearby kitchen counter.

"Hey!" Leilani protested.

"I got her to go back to sleep. What is going on?" Noelani asked as she came into the room.

Leilani flickered her red eyes back and forth between them, noting the robes and the droplets of water on their exposed legs, "What were y'all doing?"

"Trying to enjoy our night." Jalen said in a dry tone.

"Where were you? It's late." Noelani asked in a patient tone.

"I found some people in North Hollywood and they..." Leilani let out an amused and loud chuckle.

"If you wake her up again..." Jalen threatened her.

Noelani gave him a look, "Ease up."

"Do y'all have any food? I am higher than a mother fucker night now." Leilani laughed.

Noelani rubbed one hand down her face, "Lei, stop talking, okay? Please stop talking."

Leilani frowned at Noelani's statement, "You used to have fun with me, remember? Remember 2016 when you and I spent the entire summer on Maui doing dumb ass shit because our parents weren't around?"

Jalen tilted his head back in exasperation, "What does that have to do with anything? The shit is in the past. Go lie down or something."

Leilani blinked once and then slowly turned to face him with a glare, clearly about to respond with her own cutting remark.

"Okay, guys. It's late and kid, you have team stuff tomorrow. We all should be going to bed as quietly as possible." Noelani said as she ran a hand over her wet hair and causing some droplets to fall onto the ceramic tiled floor.

Leilani and Jalen glared at each other for a moment before she swiped the blunt off of the counter before heading up the stairs.

Noelani sighed before turning to Jalen, "Don't say it."

"I have to," Jalen shook his head in an almost apologetic way as he started to walk away from her.

"I told you so."

NOTE FROM KY
vote & comment, porfa!