▪︎42▪︎

things are getting confusing and I hope you won't get dissapointed. It was hard for me to think how the epilogue should be : but there will be a happy ending.

────

"I'm sorry.. i-i can't handle it anymore." taehyung leaned over and gently kissed jeongguks lips, carefully cupping his rosy cheeks not to wake him up.

"I dearly love you, please remember it." his tears fell on his lips, "see you at our second chance, love."

before he left, he had pulled away his gloves, showing his curse on the hands, jewelry given from him and a small letter. it was the only thing he can give him to be remembered.

his hand was on the door when be turned over, eyes squeezed hard and tears falling ever harder. "I love you." he repeated once again and just like that, he disappeared.

it's in common been past the glorious sunrise and jeongguk was awakened by the loudest alarms coming out of the kingdom.

he woke up in total panic, since those alarms were a sign of a war. and never in his life, he never heard them.

the first thing he did was to take taehyung away and protect him, but he found himself in an empty bed.

"n-no.."his voice instantly broke in the first second, tears started falling down as a waterfall as soon he saw the gloves, jewelry and a note.

"n-no, lord no.." he shakily reached out for note, his hand trailing over the gloves.

he opened the note, so carefully closed. of course taehyung would make all the details perfect.

' to jeon jeongguk, my first and last love in life.
it's been incredible months together with you, I am so thankful for having the chance to live a life with you, even for a short time. every memorable moment with you was special, just like you.
don't cry over me, don't regret and don't blame yourself. I did it because it was my decision. I was never a good fighter anyways, hah.
Love.
Oh what it is, being in love...
I suppose I finally found out what it is.
jeon jeongguk, thank you for making me to fall in love with you, for experiencing things in life I never imagined.
you were my moon, but is time for me to go in the sky and shine on my own as a star.
I will be waiting for our second chance, love.
love, love, love. you are filled with love.
just as our eyes met together and found our sparks in each other.
I love you, whatever happens on the morning.'

jeongguk never saw himself crying so painfully, so deep and truly. he was not just teasing, he felt like dying.

so he screamed, screamed to the top of his lungs and ugly cry. "n-no..I don't believe this. I-its not the end." he protested earnestly, still not wanting to believe.

taehyung was out there, he knew it. he needs him, he needs to save him.

but their time ran out.

he kept his gloves close to his chest, feeling the soft perfume taehyung would wear every day just because his maids were forcing him to.

there was no possible chance for it to be the end.
he didn't want to stay there and cry, he dearly needed to do everything possible before giving up.
and so he did, he left everything behind and ran outside the villa.

but outside was even worse.

his eyes were narrowed to his kingdom and the ice kingdom seen from far.