[60] A Sniff Of Hope

She died four months later.

Karam had fulfilled his promise and took her to the mystic border during the winters. She wasn't allowed to be there and had to leave early.

But she didn't have to wait long to sniff his scent. As if Willis was everready for that one chance, and appeared at the borders within minutes. Except they couldn't really see or find each other. But they had surely gotten a sniff of each others' scents.

Both the brother and sister shared the same pain from that day onwards.

While Karam had hope in his heart, Tara was dying slowly at the thought of never being able to cross the border.

The Luna in her could be seen the day she chose to take care of Keev. He distracted her from her sorrows for the time being. Until she couldn't handle it anymore.

Her death had affected Karam the hardest even though he had seen it coming. Her wish to see him with his mate was left unfulfilled.

I reached the door and closed my eyes for a moment. 

I never meant to add more sorrows in his life.

I had been doing risky things that the little old me in human world would have never dared to. But as the days were passing with him, there was no denying that he had started to grow on me. He was trying mend the mistakes he was doing unintentionally in this relationship along with convincing me to reciprocate his love continuously.

Through his memories, I got to know that the words that people here used to tell me about him weren't lies. He was performing his roles of being a son, a brother, uncle and even father, so heartily.

He probably understood that I was taking him for granted all this time. Maybe, that was why he was ignoring me tonight and intended to continue that way.

I chewed on my lip while grabbing the handle of the door of his room.

Strong gust of wind came from the right side, blowing my hair. I rubbed my forearms and glanced towards the ground to expect rising mist, only to feel my heart jolt suddenly.

He was standing there, in front of Amelia's house only. Tall and handsome in brown shirt and black breeches, he looked like someone I surely wouldn't have been able to afford in the human world.

His hands were in the front of his stomach, holding the little clothed tiffin that Emily had handed him.

Our eyes met and my heart started squeezing.

He didn't move and kept staring.

The wind turned noisy around my ears. But I could hear the voices through it.

Whispers, to be exact.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"From this row, if you talk, you'll be heard. Not even a whisper. Just use your Lycan gaze. The border's aura begins from here. It will pull you strongly. You'll feel the heat but it is bearable and worth it."