Chapter 33

"When I'm pregnant, I want to be like you."

I laugh, buckling my seatbelt in the passenger seat of Abi's BMW. "I think that's the biggest compliment you've ever given me."

"I've given you compliments before." I raise an eyebrow at her voice going a few octaves higher. "Like that time I told you that you done good picking a baby daddy."

"Whoops, my mistake. I thought that was you complimenting Simon."

"It's all about perception, babe."

"Shut up and drive."

"I love when you talk dirty to me." She blows me a kiss, a smirk on her face.

After a few minutes of driving down familiar streets, I ask. "Where are we going anyway?"

Abi offers me a pointed look, once she's stopped at a red light. "Hayden already told me that Simon let my surprise slip."

"He's a shit liar."

Abi hums, moving forward once the green light reappears. "Hayden told me that, but I assumed no one was as bad as him."

"In Simons defence, he was trying to persuade me to get out of my tracksuits." I'd been adamant that there was no reason for me to get out of the grey tracksuits and pink sports bra, when I was only going to pick something up with Abi. I knew something was up when he started looking in my wardrobe for me. It didn't take him long to cave and tell me that Abi had a girls day planned.

"I'll remember to thank him later."

A little over 30 minutes later, Abi pulls into the parking lot of a park. There's a small, stone walkway surrounded by colourful flowers.

"It's beautiful here." I gush, mesmerised by the beauty of it.

"You're telling me. I found this hidden gem a few months ago and have loved it ever since." She removes her seatbelt. "You think you'll make it down the walkway? It leads to some picnic tables beside the water."

I nod. "A little back pain won't stop me."

After a small struggle out of the car, we start our trek down the path. After a few strides, I pull out my phone. "You mind taking a picture? Simon and I are trying to capture as much moments as possible to make a photo album."

Abi nods, taking the phone. "Girl, when you look that good, it would be a crime not to take a photo."

I grin, and step towards the bright pink flowers. Multiple pictures and poses later, Abi gives me my phone.

"Thanks babe." I grin, swiping through the photos. My favourite is one of me smelling the flowers.

 My favourite is one of me smelling the flowers

"No problem." Abi smiles. "Now, let's keep going before you're back decides to give out."

A few more strides later, we round a bend. Abi was right, straight away I could see the deep blue water. There's a wooden pier allowing you to walk further out, and picnic benches surround the green grass. Picnic benches which right now are occupied by friends and family.