01. nina

"'Cause we were both young when I first saw you" Nina sang the last words of one of her favorite songs.

As she played the last chords on her guitar, she heard a big applause. The girl smiled genuinely at the people in the audience.

She was happy. Here she was happy. When she performed in front of people who actually liked her voice.

She has gone through some difficult things in her life and she is still not completely cured of it yet. She still feels sad and scared but not as much as before. The presence of her best friends helped her a lot.

Nina never showed her emotions, especially not the two she felt most often.

sadness

...no one has ever seen her cry, not even her friends or mom. But she cried often, almost every night but never told anyone about it.

fear

...for everyone who knows Nina, she is fearless, just because she pretends to be, but they are wrong. The truth is she is afraid and very insecure.

In front of other people she plays strong but when her mom thinks she's going to bed and she locks herself in her room at night, she's the broken girl whose tears run down her cheeks again.

But here, when she was on stage, she didn't feel those feelings. She only felt freedom and happiness. But as soon as she left the stage, she left the dream and returned to the cruel reality.

"Neens, that was amazing!"

"Yeah, you were great!"

She heard her best friends voices. When she saw them, the girls hugged her tightly.

"Well thank you." Nina smiled as she pulled away from the hug.

"I can't wait for you to be a famous singer and you will have sold out concerts and we will be able to say that our best friend is a superstar and you will meet celebrities like Taylor Swift, Harry Styles and-"

"Yeah, like that could ever happen..." a small brunette girl interrupted Gina.

"I just hope you don't forget us when you're a billionaire." Kourt continued to say things that Nina thought were unrealistic.

"No way! Who would then do my make up if I didn't have you?" she joked. "Okay but now let's talk about something that isn't just an impossible dream."

It was her dream... ever since she was a little girl she dreamed that one day she would sing in front of millions of people and they would know the lyrics to the songs she wrote and they would scream those words at the top of their lungs.

But it was just a dream, nothing more. Nina knew it would never become a reality. 

"Don't say that. You are one of the most talented people I know- hell you are the most talented person I know." Kourtney tried to convince her.

"Yeah." Gina agreed with her. "You have a beautiful voice and one day everyone will hear it. I'm sure."

Nina smiled at her friends. She was happy to have them. The two of them and Seb always stood by her, no matter what. These three are her best friends. In fact, they are her only real friends. Plus Big Red, but that's more of a sister-brother relationship.

...they grew up together because they are cousins. Her mom and his mom are sisters. Their families are very close and they were best friends ever since they were born.

"I'm not so sure, bu-"

"I hate to interrupt," Big Red cut Nina off. "but couldn't you and your conversation  move here so that my cousin can help me? We have a lot of work to do."