Chapter 28 - The Marriage Proposal 5

"This man sure is prosmicious!!We've only met twice and already he has mauled me as many times..hmpf" mumbling to herself she went into the house to complete her mission.Ignoring the father and son pair,now sitting in the living room,she went upstairs to retrieve her special item.She had kept this item treasured and now it seems it was going to get a new owner.She smiled to herself and went downstairs.

In the living room:

Ryu watched Ru playing with blocks and worriedly called out to him.He was worried because he had seen Ru's interactions with Alicia and he did not want to spoil that because of some woman's insinuations.Ru ran to his father and said ,"Look what I made Father!!It's a gift for Alice."

Rtu looked and smiled at the structure.It was an Eiffel tower made with colorful blocks.His son was currently obsessed with Eiffel tower!!

Soon Alicia came down and sat on the floor with Ru.Ru ,excitedly gave her the colorful eiffel tower and said ,"Alice,see this,I made it for you..guess what it is!!"

Alicia pretended to be puzzled by it and holding it up she looked around it and trued to guess it...ummm is it is light house?"

Ru laughed and said ,"No silly it is Eiffel tower!!"

Alice looked shocked and said "You gave me such a beautiful eiffel tower as a gift..Thank you my baby..I too have a gift for you.."

Saying this she pulled out a small box from her pocket and opened it for him to see.

Ru excitedly jumped onto his knees and said,"I know what this is!!It is your father's pocket watch!!"It was an antique British pocket watch which had been passed down Alicia after her father's death.It was a tradition in her family to pass the watch to the eldest child in the family and now Ru was going to be her son,so it was only natural that he have it..

Ru,who was excitedly jumping to get the gift suddenly deflated like a balloon and not accepting the gift hesitatingly said "But you said you would give it to your son...and ..I am not.."

Al,who had been sitting cross legged on the floor got to her knees and said,"then baby Ru, will you do me the honour of becoming my son?"

"Does that mean you will marry my father?and I can call you mother?",he still asked in a small voice.

Alicia smiled and said,"Yes I will have to marry your father and you can call me whatever you wish.."

Ru,still not answering Alicia came closer and looking at his father surreptitiously whispered in her ear,"But you are not a witch..."

At this,Alicia who was starting to get worried laughed heartily and said "No..I am not!!"

Ru put forward his hand to accept the watch and Alicia who was happily about to hand it to him stopped at his next words..."But you have to promise something.."

With tears in his now red eyes he said,"You have to promise to never leave me...mother."Alicia hurriedly hugged him and thanked in her heart that she had made the contract a lifetime one.

Looking at both the figures crying and silently hugging each other Ryu had mixed feelings.On one hand his worry that Ru would have a difficult time was resolved but the blind trust he had on this woman was just as worrisome.Though his instincts told him that he would be right to trust this woman,his heart was still worried.He simply hoped that he had not made a mistake.However looking at the raw emotions on this woman's face and the special present she had prepared for his son,he felt his feelings for her grow.Whatbhe had felt for her until now was respect,intrigue and a healthy dosenon l.u.s.t..but now unknown to her she had something that nobody apart from his family had.That was his loyalty.This woman, who had such a big heart that she loved his son and gave him the one thing he wanted- a mother,was under his protection.Nothing and nobody could harm her in the future!!