36

diluc and you made your way to the residence, now standing in front of it he quickly unlocked the door and got it, you followed right after.

it was clear he was annoyed. he seemed to seriously hate the fatui, but for what reason, you didnt know.

you decided to not question him about it either, it would only worsen his mood. the best thing to do now was to change the atmosphere by bringing up a new topic.

diluc walked into the house, straight to the couch, you followed him silently and attempted to speak up. "hey now..." you tried to start a conversation with him to bring his mind off childe.

"what should we do about aether?" you asked him while walking two steps behind him. diluc turned around as he approached the couch and slowly sat down, trying to not let his anger get the best of him.

he spoke up, "there is not much we can do." he said in a cold tone, as expected. he leaned back into the couch by letting his back hit the soft fabric behind him.

diluc took a deep breath and continued. "we just have to trust him now." he said as he closed his eyes while leaning his head back as well, calming down slowly but surely.

"..." was all you could say, you sighed and thought about the current situation. aether and paimon were basically missing, there was a big chance they were fighting for their lives now.

childe was only making matters worse untill just now and the fatui was hiding a whole archon assassination from you, you should have all the right to know about that.

you turned to the side while still standing and held your chin while furrowing your brows, pondering over all these questions and trying to order them all so you wouldnt lose your mind since alot was happening.

'i need to help them.' you thought to yourself, aether and paimon were facing the adepti and you had heard enough rumors about how cold an distant they were.

if something was not up to the liking of the adepti, they could easily kill in order to get rid of it, that is what you heard at least.

diluc noticed your lack of response and slowly opened his eyes as he was still seated on the comfortable couch, he had fortunately calmed down now.

you continued your train of thought, 'how will i help them if i dont even know where they are?' you did hear the guards mention jueyun karst but that is a wide area, therefore difficult to find aether and paimon in.

the red haired man looked straight at your face, noticing your distressed expression and continued to observe you.

he took a deep breath and spoke up, "y/n." he said at first in a soft tone, to catch your attention. you got snapped out of your thoughts and looked at him as your hand remained holding your chin.

"sit down." he said in a gentle way, sitting straight up now and patting the space besides him on the couch. you looked at the space he patted and back at him, it did look comfortable.

you didnt say anything and proceeded to sit down. you suddenly felt a huge relief, you didnt even realize you were walking the entire day since youve arrived in liyue.

diluc knew that and made you sit down for that reason, knowing you were tired from the day, a whole bunch of unsolved questions wouldnt do well along with that.

"aether and paimon will be fine." he said looking straight ahead of him, in attempt of ridding you of your worries. you spoke up, "... yea." you said unconvinced.

diluc noticed your lack of conviction and continued, "you may have never seen aethers combat skills up close, but he is capable of defeating anything in his way." he reassured you. luckily it helped you worry less about the whole situation.

it was indeed a fact that you barely had seen aether fight, that was why you didnt have much hope in him facing the adepti. diluc tilted his head to the side, his eyes landing on you.

"and dont worry about the fatui guy, or morax his death." he finished and looked at you, waiting for your reaction. you looked back at him and gave him a small smile, "i will try, thank you." you said genuinely, feeling better by just his words.

you could swear you saw the corners of dilucs mouth turn upwards after your response, but only for a split second, almost unnoticeable.

the man besides you leaned back into the couch. after what seemed like an eternity to him but was a mere second, he did the unthinkable.

he stretched out his arm that was closest to you, laying it behind you and grabbed your shoulder while he leaned back into the couch, pulling you towards him.

it all happened in the blink of an eye, the side of your head was laying on his shoulder, his arm was engulfed around your shoulders and your upper arm was pressed against his upper body as he held you close.

your cheeks heated up at the motion and your eyes had slightly widened, diluc noticed your reaction and spoke up, "is this okay?" he asked in a whisper.

unconsciously, you smiled at his question of consent and nodded your head while speaking up, "its okay." you simply replied, mostly since you were at a loss of words.

you could feel your worries dissappear into thin air as you felt his warmth around you. feeling sleepy from the entire day, you decided to close your eyes in the comfortable position.

a wave of sleep hit you, right before you were about to drift of to sleep you spoke up, "goodnight, diluc." you said, indicating that you were about to sleep.

he smiled, unbeknownst to you. diluc leaned his head back into the couch as his arm remained around you and spoke up as well, "goodnight."