Chapter 36 - Tuesday Morning Shock

The repercussions of yesterday were still being felt.Many people were still to recover from shock that their once favorite model could be a blackmailer.But everybody had seen the video where she had tried to blackmail their CEO.She had asked for a reply before 9.00 am and he had given her one..Just not what she had expected.

As everybody reached their cubicles,they felt a strange buzz in the air..everyone was speaking in hushed whispers scared to even gossip.The HR Department had dropped a notice for another vacancy.This time for the post of Assistant to Neil Long..Just yesterday a higher management person had been sacked..could it be today that Assistant Lu had been sacked..All the people in the HR Department were being haggled by their colleagues for some juicy information.But,alas,nobody was able to say anything and only guessed that she may have resigned..

Assistant Lu had been a thorn in the side for many people due to their own inefficiency and jealousy.They were hoping that they would be able to get that coveted position..As everybody was busy making guesses,somebody's keen eyes had observed a detail and another type of rumor was being spread..The small ring on Assistant Lu's hand had gained notorious fame as she was a woman known for not wearing any accessories other than a pair of studs and a slim rose gold watch.The position of the ring on her left hand and the sudden vacancy pointed to only one fact..But the gossips and guesses were rampant.Many secretaries from the various departments could be overheard talking in the rest rooms.Their conversations were along the line of:

Secretary 1: I don't think it's her engagement ring..It is too small..Maybe she just bought it..

Secretary 2:No it has to be an engagement ring otherwise why wear it on that finger...

Secretary 3:But of it really is that sort of a ring..isn't it too small..it looks too simple and cheap..Why would the shark's guard accept someone so cheap..?I think she is beong poached by our competitors.."

Secretary 1:"Yes yes...she can easily buy such rings with her salary

.Why would she choose someone who can't even give her a decent ring..and then resign on top of it..

Secretary 4:"Hmm I think she is trying to get the shark's attention.."

Looking at the blank faces around her,the 4th secretary harrumphed and explained,"We all know Alicia Lu has some ambigious relationship with the shark..so maybe she is trying to threaten him and make him jealous..."

Esuzwgmtw ovmpevo oval qfcul lmqu lurlu frt ovu luhzuofzaul jvm vft wuo om luu ovu ardfqmpl zare tuhatut om gu qmzu saeaifro fo iprhv oaqu.Sm usuzwgmtw lhfoouzut jaov emllanw vufzol om lnzuft ovuaz suzlamr md ovu zpqmzl.

The person at the centre of this day's gossip was pretending to be unaware of the buzz around her.She was always aware of the office gossip but chose to ignore it in favor of her work.She had purposely not hidden her ring..Alicia had no intention of announcing her relationship to the CEO but she would not choose to hide it either..She was just perverted enough to want to enjoy the show they were putting on just now..Though on the surface she,Alica Lu looked m.a.t.u.r.e and calm,inwardly she was childish and petty enough to be happy to see these people suffer who had judged and condemned her without taking the pains to know her..

As Alicia was working,another person was worried about her.This woman named, Wan Xiao, was her senior at work but was on the same position because she was unable to work the strenous hours.The older woman approached Alicia Lu and decided to straight forwardly ask about her resignation.In the two years,she was the only one who had gotten to know the real Alicia Lu and knew that she would have her answer on bekng asked..The problem in this office was everyone liked to presume rather than ask..So just before lunch Wan Xaio approached Alicia and asked her bluntly,"Alicia are you resigning because you are getting married?"

Alicia,who had always respected and loomed upto this senior immediately replied,"Yes senior I am getting married but I am not resigning.I will just be moved to a different department.But please don't tell anyone about this.."

Ready to lecture her about resigning from work,Wan Xaio was relieved and did not know how to respond..but then she chose to congratulate her and invited Alicia to lunch together..

The lunch room at this office was one of the biggest in any office in the country.Covering the entire 1st floor the room was more like a restaurant but with some of the best nutritionists having planned the daily meals.Also,the unique thing about the dining room was that here,everyone was equal.There was no senior or junior .This policy had been introduced by the CEO and he had applied it by joining everyone in the dining room whenever he was in office.The lunch time was the only time everyone was able to get a glimpse of the typhoon himself,Ryu Long.