Chapter 37 - Lunch Time

Lunch time at the dining room:

Alicia and Wan Xiao filled their plates at the buffet style table and went to a small table in the corner to eat.Both women held important positions im the company amd there were many lackeys who wanted to approach them to butter them up.But they dared not..Alicia Lu was known to have a vicious tongue and would not hold back if she even guessed your intentions were not genuine.So even though Wan Xiao was friendly with everyone she was able to enjoy her lunch peacefully due to Alicia's conversation.

Though,Alicia was sitting in a corner,everyone was trying to covertly glance at her hands to get a glimpse of the ring on her hand.Dressed in a Chanel grey suit ,Alicia Lu looked every inch the upper echelon assistant she was.But,the ring on her finger looked too simple on this elegant finger.

Alicia Lu was busily messaging on her phone oblivious to the fact that with the phone in her hands she was flashing her ring for all to see.

This morning,when she had reached the office, she too had been shocked by the notice.She had immediately contacted Neil only to be answered with a rude gesture and a phone number.Confused about his behaviour,she had then called him and he answered in a childish way,"Since you want to be his assistant and ditch me,I am not talking to you..I have messaged you his number.We are not friends anymore ..hmpf."

Amused rather than worried at his gesture she had messaged Ryu's no. with a short message "Thank you for accepting my request so promptly-Al"

She had received an immediate reply explaining the situation that she was to train her successor for the next month and then she would be joining the CEO's team of assistants.Satisfied,she had returned to work and not bothered with anything anymore.

As Alicia was eating her lunch she received a message from Ryu, "Have you seen Neil?"

"I have seen him..He is in the company's dining room..",she quickly replied

Ryu:"Is he still sulking over your transfer?"

Al:"hmmm yes...so is the big CEO going to join us for lunch today?..it has been quite some time since you have joined us mere mortals after all.."

Ryu:"Sure..I hope you will join me then..."

Al:"I have already had my lunch but I don't mind eating dessert with you.."

Ryu:"Then I will see you in 15 mins."

Ryu, looked up from his phone and informed his Assistant of the change in plans."Assistant Yang,let's eat at the company's dining room today..it has been a long time since I had lunch there.."

Assistant Yang who had been driving his boss from a meeting,was thoroughly baffled at this point.He wondered if this really was his boss..This man had been smiling on and off throughout the morning for no reason,just now he had been texting with someone..Texting!!Ryu Long only texted orders!!But he didn't think that is what he was doing from the quick replies he was receiving..And they had lunch at the company dining room on saturday!!and it is only Tuesday today..how had it been so long??However Assistant Yang was too well trained to show all his thoughts on his face so he just politely nodded and turned the car towards the offices.

At the same moment,a delivery boy wearing a red colored uniform came to the dining room.He was wearing the uniform of the best dessert place in the city and holding a divinely smelling box in his hands.It had a note attached to it and was addressed to Neil Long..

The receptionist who had accompanied the delivery person pointed out Neil Long and then immediately escaped to spread the new hot news!!Assistant Lu had gifted something sweet to Neil Long and the last line of the message read "I know you.you love me..."Was what the other secretary said really true?Was she doing this to get him jealous and now trying to make him confess and lure him by sending sweet treats?"